12v to 24volts?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy

Motor mouth ratchet jaw!
I am looking for something that will turn 12 volts into 24volts just so I can run the fresh air vent blowers.
Either that or find a 12v motor i can swap into the housing

Fans will probably pull 30 amps or more, so I doubt that would work. You should be able to find a 12 volt motor that will swap in.

Fans will probably pull 30 amps or more, so I doubt that would work. You should be able to find a 12 volt motor that will swap in.

Thanks for the input.
the truck has two of these blowers and i for sure want them operational.
I am going to have to pull one and take measurements as well as amps,volts

12-24 volts

get a hemmings book look thru and find the automotive electric section. find one that does heater, vent motors. drop some coins on a phone call.

I still dont understand how to connect them in series and tandem and 12 volt and 24 volt all at the same time

I still dont understand how to connect them in series and tandem and 12 volt and 24 volt all at the same time

If all your running is a fan, use a motorcycle battery for the second battery wired in series.

Split.gif

How do i wire it so I can be charging both 12v batteries?
I am sure you guys know.
Ya seem ta know everything else! ;)

Actually you'll be only using the main battery and the other will charge as the fan is used, otherwise it will be isolated. you could use a relay to charge but I'm not going to get you confused.:D

Actually you'll be only using the main battery and the other will charge as the fan is used, otherwise it will be isolated. you could use a relay to charge but I'm not going to get you confused.:D

My buddy here is a pretty smart cookie
I bet he comes up with sumpin

Won't he need a series/parallel switch or a battery isolater to keep the second battery charged?
Billy, I think just pull one of those motors and head down to the parts store. They generally have universal fit blower motors and I bet you can match something up in 12 volt. That's where I would start anyway. Ot maybe try hitting a junkyard with some old school busses. They have big mongo twin fan heaters in the back, maybe just pirate the whole thing.

Latest posts

Back