Somebody want to photoshop this?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfg455

The Hot Rod Cop
Soo...A.D.D. at it's best. 54 chevy that will be sectioned 4" (hence picking a photo that is already sectioned) but the chassis I want to use has a 104.5" wheelbase. 49-54 chevy cars had a 115" wheelbase. The chassis is not an easy one to just add 10" +/- to due to the design of the drive train. can someone photoshop it to be shorter? I did a paper cut and tape job where I took the length out of the rear seat area but left the quarter panel stock length. This puts the front of the fender into the rear of the door which isn't hard to achieve. Oh and the roof has been cut off with the windshield being chopped 4". And I'm thinking the fender openings need to go up a bit more. Especially the front. And maybe extend the area in front of the trunk opening to reduce the "cabin" open area a bit but that's just a thought. In order it's the original pic, my copy of the original then my crude cut and tape rendering last. [P

All I did was cut out about 10" from the rear seat area. I like the proportions Can't help removing the top - it wouldn't look any better than what you did. No longer have PS so I'm limited. You probably don't need to raise the wheel wells in that pic - looks like it's aired out - raised, they are probably right.

I assume you don't want to keep the top because of the back window problem?

Attachments

• Untitledhkggfkjhkg.jpg
    Untitledhkggfkjhkg.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 35
I don't have PS anymore, either...

Paint and crayon hacked:

attachment.php

I didn't cut the windshield.... door should be the same length.... trunk extended 6"- 8" (I'm guessing)... front wheel opening raised 1.5"- 2'' (another guess).

Nice profile pic to work from, but a higher resolution (LARGER) pic would make it easier to butcher... PS or no PS. Right, Sam? ;)

Attachments

• chophack jfg.jpg
    chophack jfg.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 75
Geez Doc! that came out awesome! The proportions looks like it would actually work doing it that way.

Sam - The reason I wasn't going to mess with the top is because...I don't have one! Sombody already chopped it off...

So the back story (or A.D.D. though process) is that I have a rough 54 chevy coupe body. The top has been cut off already and the floors are all butchered. The frame is butchered as well due to the previous owner trying to put a C4 vette suspension under it. I bought it for the suspension which I sold to a friend for his build. Body I'm into for zero dollars.

I also have a complete C5 frame, suspension, 6 speed transaxle and plenty of LS motors. Vette chassis is 104.5" wheel base. 54 chevy is 115" Lengthening the vette frame becomes problematic due to the torque tube and hydro formed frame rails. Not impossible and could actually be less work than the sheet metal mods I listed.

My thought was drop the chevy body over the vette frame and have a cheap open top cruiser that handles like a vette. [cl

The body...

And this is basically what I have for a chassis minus the rear tub and cowl area

Latest posts

Back