Rochester 2G rebuild!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I was having a lil trouble with the Rochester 3X2 setup on my 425 Nailhead so I blocked the end carbs off & was just running the center one. After a couple of years I decided to run all 3 again but when I hooked them back up it was obvious something was wrong. I pulled the tops off & they were full of crud so I decided to rebuild them after Don said even an idiot like me could do it. Bought a gallon can of carb cleaner from NAPA & have them totally cleaned up now. Also bought a rebuild kit from 'The Carb Junkie's' ($25) & it has everything needed & then some! They even threw in a couple of Atomic Fireballs... my fav was the cinnamon! Starting the reassembly today... fingers crossed!

BoB

Attachments

• disassembled.jpg
    disassembled.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 14
  • kit.jpg
    kit.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 10
So easy even I did it! Just make sure you get the small ball in the right place, and match the gaskets and you should be good to go. I like my 2G so much, I'm going to run it on an adapter plate on my 302 Ford.

Well, got the easy part done! Throttle body's attached & now comes the fun part! :eek:

So easy even I did it! Just make sure you get the small ball in the right place, and match the gaskets and you should be good to go. I like my 2G so much, I'm going to run it on an adapter plate on my 302 Ford.

Bama, I look forward to having them back on & in working order!

BoB

Attachments

• throttlebody.jpg
    throttlebody.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 9
  • together.jpg
    together.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 9
I second the gasket match. My 3x2 setup was givin me fits after rebuild for a while. Then i found a gasket that was just a hair off. Had a small vacuum leak on all 3 carbs. When i tuned mine i started with the center and got it spot on then i hooked the other 2 up. Its worth it when you get it right!

I just got my 3x2 set running right in my F100 292 with Ford and Holley 2100's. Same as you, I'd been running only the center carb for a couple years. Finally got it all working right, new electronic ignition, and a beefy alternator - it's ready to roll now!

I bought my 3x2 setup from Vintage Speed but it never really ran right. When I pulled the end carbs apart they had parts missing & one of the throttle bodies was sticking. Got held up waiting on parts but finally got it all back together & it's really running well. I still need to sync them up but I laid down a lil mandatory asphalt graffiti for grins! Really glad to have it back on the road! :D:D:D

I just got my 3x2 set running right in my F100 292 with Ford and Holley 2100's. Same as you, I'd been running only the center carb for a couple years. Finally got it all working right, new electronic ignition, and a beefy alternator - it's ready to roll now!

I know the feeling!

BoB

Attachments

• tripower.JPG
    tripower.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back