$1500 CNC burn table... I want one!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guys, pull your horns in a little.
The initial cost is inviting. Let's look it over and weigh the pros and cons.

Cons:
1. It doesn't have the third axis to automatically control the height of the torch while cutting.
2. All of the software is a trial version and you'll have to buy them to be able to cut anything of any size due to the limited number of g code lines.
3. It'll never cut at 250 ipm (inches per minute) with any accuracy at all. The way the carriage is built all the diagonal line will be wavy and when it changes direction it'll be floppy.
4. A limit of 24" x 24" is not too terribly bad but, a 48" x 48" table is much more desirable. Remember sheet goods are 48" x 96" and the supplier would only have to shear it one time for you to use efficiently.
5. They aren't manufacturing them until a certain number have been ordered. If they say not shipping until January then expect July.
6. The price, if you decide it's not for you, you'll have a hard time selling it.

Pros:
1. The size, if you're limited on space.
2. The price (ya get what ya pay for)

Check this link out.
This is the table I cut all my stuff out on and have to say, for an entry level machine with all the software being licensed and the laptop supplied, I cant complain.
Albert will answer the phone every day 7 days a week, to help with any answers you may need.
http://eagleplasma.com/4x4-cnc-system.html
I'm not affiliated with Eagle Plasma but can recommend their product.

A buddy showed me these. Cool and inexpensive but I also dont like the size limit and the lack of z axis

Much appreciate you weighing in Iron. My budget will keep me in check for some time. I have much to learn and will check out the Eagle Plasma site. Just enjoyed your 35 Mopar build. :D

Pros:
1. The size, if you're limited on space.
2. The price (ya get what ya pay for)

I agree you get what you pay for but for what I do I could probably justify $1500 but $5000 is another story. For $5000 I could have a local shop cut all the stuff I would ever need for the rest of my life & beyond.

Zipper

For $5000 I could have a local shop cut all the stuff I would ever need for the rest of my life & beyond.

Zipper

I've had the guy up the street do that for me too but sometimes he does it real cheap & other times...

Haven't gotten close to $5K yet though! [ddd:eek:

BoB

Latest posts

Back