2017 Photo Contest

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DozerII

First off I gotta thank Sam_Fear for organizing these great contests, then all the great members who post all the awesome photos.

Bob W for trying valiantly to send the prize to Canada only to be shot down by the huge cost, and then to figure out another way to get me a prize. Thanks a Bunch.

And then Bamamav for keeping me real curious as to what he was upto. Then having a great 16 x 20 print of my winning photo from show up in the mail. Thank You

Bama requested that I share with all of you the print. Well I wanted to frame it before I did so, and spent lots of time on the ole interweb trying to find just the right frame, only to find it didn't exist. I thought barn wood, brushed aluminum and then rusty steel and whala.

I had a rear door left over from the 28 Dodge Fast Four that the bottom was real rusty. From that door a fitting frame was born.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Bama 001.JPG
    Resize of Bama 001.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Resize of Bama 002.JPG
    Resize of Bama 002.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Resize of Bama 003.JPG
    Resize of Bama 003.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Resize of Bama 004.JPG
    Resize of Bama 004.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Resize of Bama 005.JPG
    Resize of Bama 005.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 61
That looks great! [cl I thought about framing it, but I didn't see anything I liked, either. I figured that was best left to Dozer, and he sure didn't let me down with his choice![cl[cl[cl

I had to keep him in the dark, because even I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out. The poster is one of one original, I wanted it to be unique. I had noticed the pics on the shop walls in Dozer's shop, so I figured there was room for one more. And everybody that sees it will know he had the best of the best in 2017.

Later on this year I want to set a thread for calendar submissions for next year. Too early to think about it yet, we'll wait until over in the fall after you guys have had a chance to get your rides out and go places. This year, I'd like to see some submissions with lots of contrasting colors, and a mixture of old and new, old buildings, bridges and the like are always good backdrops, but new designs can be eye catching, too. We'll get more involved with that later on....

very cool indeed!

And thanks to all the great members who go above and beyond to make this a cool place

Latest posts

Back