my build so far

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

26modelt

got the rearend set up,
starting on my 4 link

any help or suggestions

Attachments

• Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 148
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 155
Any updates ?

havent done much lately,,trying do get my belair painted and running right!!!

ill take more pictures soon as get goin again,,,,gotta make some diff bag brackets and mount the front end

ill get the k member in this weekend and 4 link welded

got a little more done

got the k member welded in

and some bag brackets

let me no what u think ,,good or bad

i plan on doing some more support in the middle of the frame with 2x2 square tubing parrallel to the frame going torwards rear end and zed up to the frame...what u think

here are some pictures takin with my phone

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 92
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 90
the bead of weld looks cold on the front cross member. your going to need another link on that rear end as well. kinda like a 4 link.

other than that i like it

the bead of weld looks cold on the front cross member. your going to need another link on that rear end as well. kinda like a 4 link.

other than that i like it

i welded two beads on that crossmember,ya i have a four link just only two mounted

thanks

body/power

what kind of motor/tranny?

can you post some body pics, even if it's in just in a shabby starting condition.

did that on here with my 33 dodge and man, what a difference in the starting pics to where l'm at now.[cl

Later:cool:

what kind of motor/tranny?

can you post some body pics, even if it's in just in a shabby starting condition.

did that on here with my 33 dodge and man, what a difference in the starting pics to where l'm at now.[cl

ya i will post some tomorrow\

350/350 turbo

heres some pictures of the day i brought it home

Attachments

• modelt.jpg
    modelt.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 48
  • modeltbody.jpg
    modeltbody.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 49
  • modeltfr.jpg
    modeltfr.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 42
tall top

nice, looks in good shape, a whole lot better than my 33 did.

are ya choppin' the top or leaving it tall?

real nice solid starting point,

nice, looks in good shape, a whole lot better than my 33 did.

are ya choppin' the top or leaving it tall?

real nice solid starting point,

thanks,,, well u didnt see the bad part of the body,,the passenger side rear is crushed in but it came with a new rear section of the body...

ya i didnt realize what i had till i got home,,,i was thinkin it was a model t frame and all stock stuff,,,didnt have much time to look at it caus the owner was in a hurry but it ended up being a model a frame with 55 rear end and juice brakes with extra panels inside the body ,,just all kinds of **** loaded up inside,,,ended up paying $900 for it all and a 12 hour drive to west texas..

ya imma chop it,,not sure how much ,,i did a chop on paint (posted below) thats kinda where i wanna be at,, i think it like 8" of chop or so with a 3" channel....and ya im 6' and i no its not gunna be comfortable but it will look cool as hell

Attachments

• modeltbodychopped.JPG
    modeltbodychopped.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 35
thoughts

go 6'' on the chop and 2'' on the channel, mocked up with the seats ya plan to run and see how it feels when ya sit in it.

if ya don't like the way it looks or feels, go an inch on the top, leave the 2'' channel. its easy to take more out but a pain to add. been thru that on a couple of projects and wish some had informed of this technique before l almost trashed a body by doing to much at once.

hope this helps,:)

Later :cool:

go 6'' on the chop and 2'' on the channel, mocked up with the seats ya plan to run and see how it feels when ya sit in it.

if ya don't like the way it looks or feels, go an inch on the top, leave the 2'' channel. its easy to take more out but a pain to add. been thru that on a couple of projects and wish some had informed of this technique before l almost trashed a body by doing to much at once.

hope this helps,:)

Later :cool:

just dont think 6" is enough,,, but i will use that idea,,just cut off 6 and set it back on the cab and see what it looks like

got some more done hrr a few pictures

Attachments

• IMG_0510.jpg
    IMG_0510.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0512.jpg
    IMG_0512.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0514.jpg
    IMG_0514.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0511.jpg
    IMG_0511.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 87
top link???

HI 26
I say those top links are way to short and need a second bracket on the rrear end. The rear will move around when bockin down the road and you don't want the rear to brake apart. You would get a very wild ride maybe even a big ouch.:eek:

have fun
Tom

Hey 26,
Have you cycled that rear suspension? Looks like it would be a rough ride. Cool looking, but as a general rule on a triangulate 4-link the upper bars should be 70% the length of the lower links. So if your lower links are 24" long your upper links are going to be around 17" long (just an example).

I'm liking your build...I'll be keeping an eye on your progress...can't wait to see how it turns out.

Hey 26,
Have you cycled that rear suspension? Looks like it would be a rough ride. Cool looking, but as a general rule on a triangulate 4-link the upper bars should be 70% the length of the lower links. So if your lower links are 24" long your upper links are going to be around 17" long (just an example).

I'm liking your build...I'll be keeping an eye on your progress...can't wait to see how it turns out.

ok,,,i should have asked before i did it,,,ill cut the links off and remount em,,,thanks guys

Latest posts

Back