Roadster pickup build, take two.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
b7b8018635f8b7fc00ab597fc396c5c7.jpg

Since I am no longer rushing to get my rpu done for the Thanksgiving show at Turkey Run, I have backed off on working on it, plus, I have gone back to work pretty much full time and don't have the days I once had to work on it.

However, this past week I was going to have today off from work, so I decided to try to get something done on it. I flipped the body upside down and spent a few hours cleaning up the metal on the underside of the floor, and then I shot a couple of coats of epoxy primer on that entire area, and then sprayed a couple of coats of Hot Rod Black enamel over everything.

I was more concerned with protecting the metal than cosmetics, so I really laid on heavy coats, and got a couple of runs, but I would rather have them than metal that might rust. It is still a little shiny in these pictures, but will tone down by tomorrow.

While I was at it, I wheeled the chassis outside and scrubbed it all down. From sitting around all this time, it was really filthy, but looks pretty good now that it is clean.

Once the floor cures, I will flip the body over and start body work on the topsides. This will move me ahead quite a bit.

Attachments

• DSC08139.jpg
    DSC08139.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC08133.jpg
    DSC08133.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC08134.jpg
    DSC08134.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC08136.jpg
    DSC08136.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC08142.jpg
    DSC08142.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 52
Beautiful.[cl :D :cool: :cool:
[P [P [P
Torchie

Thanks, Torchie. It is just the underside of the body, but it should stay pretty clean and rust free for a long time. In a couple of days I am going to flip it over after it dries a little more and start on the top of the body.

With Turkey Run in Daytona a month away, and Christmas behind that, things will not be moving too fast for a while, but I will still keep doing stuff as time permits.

Thanks guys. I ran out of daylight and had to shoot that with a couple of lamps set up. Not exactly what Chip Foose would do, but ya gotta do what you gotta do ! :D

Surprisingly, no bugs were flying around, but a little frog did jump up on the wet paint and he had trouble getting back off. :D

Thanks, guys. Yep, I used the air-only portion of the spray gun and blew him off before he could cause too much damage. :D

I'm off tomorrow and I am going to flip the body back over right-side up and put it back on the rolling cart to start topside bodywork.

Yep, every rainy season there are frogs hopping around in the parking lot and a few of them end up attracted to the light in the shop and they come in and hide somewhere. Every so often, we find a petrified frog under something.

Could be worse, we also have gators down here ! :eek::eek:

Haha, Florida is full of strange critters , for sure. One morning I was asleep and my two cats were making a fuss on the floor near my computer table. I woke up and told them to knock it off so I could go back to sleep, and then I saw a snake come out from under the table ! Both cats were hot on his tail.

I HATE SNAKES, and I was like a little girl, I jumped up and stood on the bed and then ran out of the room to figure out what to do. I couldn't find him, and I slowly removed every piece of furniture and stuff from the bedroom, but still couldn't find him. :eek:

A little while later, I went out on the lanai, and there he was, sitting on top of a box. The lanai is totally screened in, but he found a little hole to come in through, and then he came into the bedroom through a pet door.

I grabbed a broom and broke it over his head, and then put him in a bucket and took him to the dumpster. For weeks I had a hard time sleeping in that room, but I was really happy that I found out where he was, otherwise, I would never have felt comfortable in there again ! :eek:

Haha, Florida is full of strange critters , for sure. One morning I was asleep and my two cats were making a fuss on the floor near my computer table. I woke up and told them to knock it off so I could go back to sleep, and then I saw a snake come out from under the table ! Both cats were hot on his tail.

I HATE SNAKES, and I was like a little girl, I jumped up and stood on the bed and then ran out of the room to figure out what to do. I couldn't find him, and I slowly removed every piece of furniture and stuff from the bedroom, but still couldn't find him. :eek:

A little while later, I went out on the lanai, and there he was, sitting on top of a box. The lanai is totally screened in, but he found a little hole to come in through, and then he came into the bedroom through a pet door.

I grabbed a broom and broke it over his head, and then put him in a bucket and took him to the dumpster. For weeks I had a hard time sleeping in that room, but I was really happy that I found out where he was, otherwise, I would never have felt comfortable in there again ! :eek:

Noooooooooooooooooope. I don't like snakes.

In early 2010 I was in Houston on business, and went out to dinner with a large group from work. It's never a good sign when you come out and see a crowd staring at your rental car. There was about a 4 foot long snake under my car with its head right behind the drivers front tire. They told me it was just a "garden snake" and wasn't poisonous, but I sure didn't want to find out. While one of my (less-evolved) colleagues decided to taunt the snake on the drivers side, I got in the passengers side and started the car, which scared the snake away. That was enough of a snake encounter for this Alberta kid.

I remember that every time I start wondering why I live where it's cold.

Latest posts

Back