My First Rat build Custom Zed frame question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pablo1

Hello

I bought a built frame.Problem I am having is that I dont know what year body I can drop onto it?
It is 42" wide at the rear and 36" at the firewall to front end.
Would anyone know what sedan body i can channel to drop on this frame?
Thank you in adavnce

I am glad you asked..... Yes. Someone would know, maybe not me. But it sounds like most pickup cabs, but the 36 inches at the firewall is pretty wide. Maybe some of the bigger sedans, like Buicks. would fit okay. Kind of wide for a model A, but it could be shoehornned onto the frame, maybe. Welcome to the site.

Pretty much any of the fat fendered 39 up GM's, Chevy, Pontiac, Olds, Buick etc.
The wheel base on these are from 116" to 122"
Pontiac 25 series and Chevy being 116"
Someone else will have to give the answer for the Fords n Merc's
Pablo pics would help too
Welcome to the RRR

Jim

My First Rat build Custom Zed frame

Thank you for all your help so far.Pics are of what I started with,The wide tires and wheels are off and I got new smaller sets.

[/IMG]

body for frame

I would buy an old a or t front cowl, cut it down the middle and widen it to fit the frame, add some metal and fill in the doors, make a quick little roadster, you will have the only 1 like it, for miles around.

There is a guy running around the north east with a rat pickup that is on top of a frame simalar to yours . Don't know if he planned it that way , but it looks real cool . His cab which has had some metal shaved off the bottom of it , sits on top of the frame . Maybe some one has a pic of it . I know I saw it at the jalopy drags in Beaver Springs PA a couple of times .

Latest posts

Back