Tetanus Tornado 49 F6

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. I may have to section this grill shell as it is a little taller than I had envisioned. I won't feel bad about cutting this if necessary because it is not really a piece worthy of restoration. I'm thinking I may attach it to the hood and make it a flip nose so it opens forward, just a thought.

What on it is so bad that it's not worthy of restoration :confused: I'm just curious. Both this one and the Chevy one look decent, and you've made that same statement, so I'm just wondering.

probably they could both be restored if you wanted to spend enough time. The chevy one is missing the bottom section and the insert is really beat up but after some time working the dents out it didn't look as bad. the ford shell is in much better shape the grill bars are fairly straight and I may be able to straighten it so it looks good, the shell itself has a little warp to it and some welds and some bondo in it. it is not a perfect original piece but better than I expected for the money. It is perfect for what I want to do.

late to the party...

Hey,
Sorry to dig this one up, since it's been idle for a while, I ran across it in someone's signature & had to get caught up (not sure how I missed it...it's AMAZING).

There were a number of comments about photo editors & I wanted to share what I use. It's an online web app, so you don't have to install it on your computer (they also have some phone apps) & it's free. It has a lot of the major tools from PhotoShop or the other big name applications & for basic web work it's more than adequate. I even made our Christmas card in it this year.

https://pixlr.com/

-Chaz

p.s. any update on the truck?

Thanks Clamor. The build isn't dead, I just have a real hard time posting pictures. I haven't gotten a lot more done sinc the last post though. The floors are in, the steering is all sorted out, I buit the 90 degree linkage and box for under the dash so I could mount the booster and master out of sight, I picked up a grant bango steering wheel, I scored an early studebaker dash at a swap meet last weekend that I think will work out ok. the headers are welded at the correct angle and the muflers and pipes are just tacked together. Like I said mot much in a year or so time, life gets in the way sometimes. but I would like to get back on it.

Amen to that brother....

Life certain can throw you curve balls...hope you can post some pics as soon as you can....[P

No progress yet but it is on the ground so I can work on it again. I have to put an oil pan on my daughter's jeep this weekend. It will have to wait till after that.

Not much progress but I modified a pair of headlight shells to take a set of galaxy tail lights today.

Attachments

• DSC01064.JPG
    DSC01064.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC01065.JPG
    DSC01065.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC01066.JPG
    DSC01066.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC01067.JPG
    DSC01067.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC01068.JPG
    DSC01068.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 46
Got to work on the truck a little bit. I made a new bracket for the rear panhard bar so it would clear the caliper. forgot to take pics. I also worked on the dash. The original was rotted away. I found a dash from a Studebaker, Looks like from a 1940 President. The F6 cab is a one piece flat windshield, the Studebaker was a two piece V shape. I added to the end of the dash with pieces of a cut up Harley Davidson gas tank. I only got the passenger side done but its a start.
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC01074.JPG
    DSC01074.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC01075.JPG
    DSC01075.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC01076.JPG
    DSC01076.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC01077.JPG
    DSC01077.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC01078.JPG
    DSC01078.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC01079.JPG
    DSC01079.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC01080.JPG
    DSC01080.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC01082.JPG
    DSC01082.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC01083.JPG
    DSC01083.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 45
The pics show an original style dash and the Studebaker dash below it. This ford dash is junk and in better shape than the one that came in the truck. I'm thinking about doing the drivers side a little different. I may use a pair of half headlight buckets to raise the top of the dash enough so I can fit a speedo, tack and four small gauges.

Latest posts

Back