The cougar

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this car.

It's kind of growing on me also. Not my favorite body style car by any means. But man it runs good. I will be ordering wheels for it today hopefully so maybe by the end of this week we can give it a whole new look. Then we can get some interior put in it

You can't tell me that doesn't look good.

I can.

That doesn't look good.

Big diameter wheels and low profile tires will never look right on a vintage vehicle to me. I'm not a restoration guy by any means, but era specific mods are way more tasteful and less fad-ish.

My three cents...

images

bc6e74e6f78e3f671d96202e69e83f1d--road-racing-pony-car.jpg

Ext-rt-reat-940x705.jpg

Last edited:
X3 with BED! 5 spokes, Torque Thrust style or Cragar SS! 16" and 15" would be as large a diameter wheel I'd go with. Even a set of Ansen style 5 hole slotted mags would look great.:D Still like the Magnum 500's too!

Well I'm going to **** all you guys off. It's not getting 15 inch wheels. It's getting 18 x 7 and 18 x 10. Not my decision anyway, it's the customers. I just happened to agree with him. Not going to say that all cars should have them. Some do deserve a or vintage look, or one that looks more original to the car. This guy wants to make this one look more modern

Well I'm going to **** all you guys off. It's not getting 15 inch wheels. It's getting 18 x 7 and 18 x 10. Not my decision anyway, it's the customers. I just happened to agree with him. Not going to say that all cars should have them. Some do deserve a or vintage look, or one that looks more original to the car. This guy wants to make this one look more modern

No worries man, takes a lot more than a unattractive wheel/tire combo to p*ss me off. ;)

My point was that fads come and go, but classic styling is always cool. If funky big wheels are what your customer wants and he can't be convinced otherwise - so be it. You can lead a horse to water...

No worries man, takes a lot more than a unattractive wheel/tire combo to p*ss me off. ;)

My point was that fads come and go, but classic styling is always cool. If funky big wheels are what your customer wants and he can't be convinced otherwise - so be it. You can lead a horse to water...
Good to hear LOL. Don't want to make any of my car but he's mad! I agree with The Fad thing, but I still think it's going to look good

Not gonna P me off either. I might be wrong, I was once before :D, it might look good with wagon wheels and rubber band tires. I just prefer a tire with a decent sidewall. To me, giant wheels went out with T models, and a classic doesn't have to look modern to be cool.:rolleyes:

But, the customer is always right, except when he is wrong....[ddd[ddd[ddd

By the way, what's a but he? Heard of a butthead, but a but he is a new one on me. :D:D:D

Not gonna P me off either. I might be wrong, I was once before :D, it might look good with wagon wheels and rubber band tires. I just prefer a tire with a decent sidewall. To me, giant wheels went out with T models, and a classic doesn't have to look modern to be cool.:rolleyes:

But, the customer is always right, except when he is wrong....[ddd[ddd[ddd

By the way, what's a but he? Heard of a butthead, but a but he is a new one on me. :D:D:D
Lol, talking to my phone and not proof reeding:rolleyes:

Pics from the exhaust shop!

Attachments

• Resized_20180826_174128_4896.jpg
    Resized_20180826_174128_4896.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 25
Better pics

Attachments

• 20180901_093454.jpg
    20180901_093454.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20180901_093644.jpg