3M 08090 spray adhesive...any experience?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animal

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but here goes...Has anyone used 3M 08090 spray adhesive? I'm going to use it for my hood insulation. How long do I have to position the stuff in place before it gets to the point where it's stuck forever?

I just went out and looked at my can and it doesn't have a number on it, it just says 3M headliner adhesive for heavy fabrics. I used it to put the headliner in the Maverick I had, best I remember, you spray on 2-3 coats on both pieces to be joined, wait about 5 minutes or a little longer to let it get tacky, then join them. You had a little time to slide it around a bit, but not over a couple of minutes, once it stuck, it was pretty much there. But, you still had to clamp it, or it would sit there and pull apart after a while. My headliner was probably heavier than hood insulation. If you laid the hood upside down it wouldn't have that gravity pull to pull it off.

Thanks for the info, Bamamav. It sounds like the same stuff. I had the hood upside down, and the insulation I used was that aluminum sided stuff. I followed the directions, and it worked like a champ. I did trim the insulation so I didn't have to force it under the braces, so it was easy-peasy.

Latest posts

Back