L600

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbudget50

Creators of all things awesome
So i scored this really cool late 60s dodge L600 cab over cab and a 440 powered motor home this week! Goin to make a rat hauling ramp truck. Im begining to think i have a problem:D[;)

Of course you have a problem. But there are worse problems to have. Nice score.

I'm thinkin' you'll be looking for an older COE sometime in the future to replace the dodge cab. [ddd

I like the dodge cab, i wanted to do an a.d. cab over but everyone has one of those. Gotta be different!:rolleyes:

Pretty rare truck, haven't seen many of those around. Lots of the Fords, but not many Dodges. Didn't Snake or Tommy Ivo use one of those for a ramp truck back in the 60's?

LRW.jpg

OK. Well here is a paint scheme suggestion.

"Little Red Rat Hauler"

Tommy ivo had one that has open sides. So you could see the drag car on it and and another car on top. I have a picture somewhere. The yard that the cab is in is full of treasures like that. The guy is a good family friend, proves its not what but who ya know:D

Thanks guys. I hope to go get the motor home tore down and hauled home on tye 17th. Probably have to wait another week or so to get the cab out. It's sitting on an old truck bed but to get to it the ground is still really soft from all the melting snow.

Big day!!!

Made leaps and bounds today! The motor home is no mare and the solud base for the minter fab ramp truck is born! The motor is super clean inside! Ill get a carb and the new starter installed this weekend and see if we cant make some smoke!

Also will have one more suprise tomorrow!

We dump some marvle myster oil in it since it has been sitting for a few years. But it looks super clean!

Dayum! That's one way to strip down to the frame! :eek:
I spy several possibilities in the pics---Ford pickup, Chevy pickup, a wire wheel, looks like a Freightliner cabover.........looks like you have hit a honey hole![cl

Latest posts

Back