meanwhile in England

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to believe that they do actually race irreplaceable, priceless cars, but they do.

I've got to go to Goodwood one of these days, but as a displaced Brit it is all a question of timing.

That first white car in the second video, 125mph in 1909!

A friend of mine went to the Goodwood festival of Speed and said it was a like a religious experience for any gearhead.
Those 100+ year old racers like the Blitzen Benz and the Fiats were some of my favs - 20 plus litre 4 bangers bellowing up the hill, sounds like they're only turning 1500 RPM - the flames belching from the one Fiat was so cool.
Another on my top ten list was the 63 or 64 Galaxie 500 Nascar racer. A giant US boat (saloon they call it :D), likely a 427 FE, tearing up the track (driveway!), a great tribute to brute force - so nice to hear a big V8 roar amidst all the buzzing import thingees.

A friend of mine went to the Goodwood festival of Speed and said it was a like a religious experience for any gearhead.
Those 100+ year old racers like the Blitzen Benz and the Fiats were some of my favs - 20 plus litre 4 bangers bellowing up the hill, sounds like they're only turning 1500 RPM - the flames belching from the one Fiat was so cool.
Another on my top ten list was the 63 or 64 Galaxie 500 Nascar racer. A giant US boat (saloon they call it :D), likely a 427 FE, tearing up the track (driveway!), a great tribute to brute force - so nice to hear a big V8 roar amidst all the buzzing import thingees.

I've heard the same thing...I'd love to plan a trip there, but would need someone to pick up my stuff from the front yard. :)

Many makes of cars have given up their glory and Fiat is certainly near the top of that list.

I've heard the same thing...I'd love to plan a trip there, but would need someone to pick up my stuff from the front yard. :)

Just leave it Animal. Someone will pick it up for you.:D

Earthman - That this. [cl

Love the 1911 28.4 litre Fiat S76 :cool::cool::cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfYbH7926gk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ooiZeYmYjE

....DON'T KNOW THAT I AM MAN ENOUGH TO DRIVE SOME OF THOSE MYSELF Iron Rat

Earthman I think I'd be smiling as big as young Enzo, if I could drive that Fiat S76.

I wonder if Enzo raced against any Fiat S76 cars when he drove for Alfa Romeo.

Last edited:
A giant US boat (saloon they call it :D), likely a 427 FE, tearing up the track (driveway!), a great tribute to brute force - so nice to hear a big V8 roar amidst all the buzzing import thingees.

overthere the the giant US boat is the import :D
I totally love the racing with these old cars. I think it`s pretty cool that there are still people who don`t care about the money when they break something and drive the wheels off on the track. I would say flooring them on the track is way lower risk than going slow and steady in traffic. I drove this $500.000 1920-ish 3.5litre one time and it is HUGE and you really feel like an operator in there... sucks in city traffic for sure.... :D

Latest posts

Back