Bertha

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the kind words fellas! I am pretty proud of how it is coming along. Don't think I am going to make my original goal for the street, but still hoping for maybe this summer.

Very nice neverdone. When Sam Barris lowered the suspension on his chopped Merc he put a hub cap over the hole in the trunk floor that he made for the differential clearence.:D
Torchie

Very nice neverdone. When Sam Barris lowered the suspension on his chopped Merc he put a hub cap over the hole in the trunk floor that he made for the differential clearence.:D
Torchie

Thanks bud, but I don't think that a hub cap will make it!!! Its in there by about 4 inches!!!

So finally got donor truck number 2 here last night. It did have drop spindles in it!!! 2" drops to be exact! Stole one off tonight to check it out and threw it on! Getting closer to what we are looking for!

IMG_20150323_202625_843_zpsv6qml2ba.jpg

This donor truck is only giving up the spindles on a straight trade so once again another free part! My buddy wanted stock spindles for the truck they were on so I am trading the stocks for the drops! Good enough deal for me!

Put the other drop spindle in the front. I think this will be low enough. Couldn't get the jack back out from under the frame once it was in..... So I think we got it. The center cross member was about 1.5" off the ground. Everything important is definitely at a safe height so I think this is good. Don't think I will be questing to get any lower! Sorry no pics on this for now.

started building a steering shaft.... no matter how hard I try I can't seem to leave this thing alone..... snagged a radiator, and some other needed junk.

Drop spindles got her at the right height....

Thanks Sarge. It looks better with both on it. Actually sits lower than the pic. I need to get it back out front and get a nice open shot. Want to get the rear bag mounts in before then though. And the steering shaft. Been working on other stuff though. Not a whole lot of time for that.

Did a little clearancing through my new motor mounts that I put in and can now get a shaft from the column to the steering box. Now just need to finish the shaft. Started trying to shape the end to match the stock slider shaft, but still need to work on that.

One step at a time I guess. Still need to push this baby out and get a good look at it with it all the way down. Want to get the bags all in place before I do that though.

did some temp connections on this yesterday to make the steering work and what do you know!!! I can turn the wheels! Both of them! from inside the car even! LOL ahh the simple things in life.

Also scored a free hitch that I hope to through on the back of this old girl!! Need to be able to tow the teardrop ya know....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back