I am soooo old...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
like a bunch of dumba$$ kids we used to break the tips off of the matches and use two 3/4" bolts and one nut. compress the tips inside the nut between the bolts. throw them to the ground or a wall and boom, then you had to find everything again because it would blow them apart. one morning before school a bunch of us was gathered up and on of the guys came up and said i loaded this one heavy, through it down and when it popped it took out one of the plate glass windows in the front of the school. he was in shock and when he looked around he was the only one there. he got a week off and had to pay for the window. needless to say that was the end of them games. some time i'll have to tell yall about the cigarette bum and the bottle rocket in the cigarette, he never bummed a cigarette from me ever again. it's a wonder that any of us made it to adulthood.

We were bad, took a 6 ft piece of 3/4" galvanized water pipe. Made a plug out of dowel and hammered it in the bottom. Then pounded a nail through the center of the dowel that was just longer than the dowel. Next we took a box of co2 cartridges one guy dropped the cartridge in pointy end down while the guy holding the pipe brought it up and it would launch those cartridges a couple three hundred feet in the air. One of the kids stole a box of his mom's whipping cream maker nitrogen cartridges, they must have had more pressure as they went way further.

We were bad, took a 6 ft piece of 3/4" galvanized water pipe. Made a plug out of dowel and hammered it in the bottom. Then pounded a nail through the center of the dowel that was just longer than the dowel. Next we took a box of co2 cartridges one guy dropped the cartridge in pointy end down while the guy holding the pipe brought it up and it would launch those cartridges a couple three hundred feet in the air. One of the kids stole a box of his mom's whipping cream maker nitrogen cartridges, they must have had more pressure as they went way further.

Kids today couldn't think up this kind of stuff.

tater guns were fun too. a little hair spray and a bbq grill electric lighter dad made a cannon when i was a small kid, in later years i loaded shotgun shells for him. while they were gone i found a baseball fit real nice. loaded it with the shotgun flake and a black cat fire cracker worked real nice till dad got home and the man next door told on me. dad got a laugh out of it after the man left but i still got grounded. he really didn't like the man at all. that cannon sets next to my mom's house out in texas. the wood is starting to rot, i may try to bring it home the next time i go home.

Latest posts

Back