BJ

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJE1952

Hello,
I’m new to this site. I go by BJ and live in Taylorsville, Ut. Found this website by accident searching for information on how to modify a single cylinder master brake cylinder to a double cylinder on a 1952 Ford F1 truck. I’ve been working on it for about three months and trying to get it back on the road. I’m rat rodding it, keeping the original 215 in-line six. In the process working on brakes and the engine. Plan to use a multi carb intake and new dual straight exhaust. The 215 came with a pretty strong cam but is fuel starved with just a single barrel carb. I plan to fix that. The website looks like it has helpful information that will aid me in my efforts and I look forward to searching more topics here. Thanks to all those that share there knowledge.

Welcome from Oregon. This is a great place to hang out. If you don't find answers, just ask. We are full of.................... ideas. :D

Welcome to the site
Glad you found us :)
Start a build thread and we'll follow along [P
We do like seeing pics and progress so post away :cool:

Hi and Welcome to Undead Sleds, from northern Alberta.
Yep, start a build thread and post lots of pictures, like the guys said.
My thoughts on master cylinders are; you'll probably have to rebuild your old mc and when you take it apart, you may find rust pits in the cylinder bore so you'll have to get a replacement mc anyhow, so why not buy a double acting one that will bolt on. Remember, that you would be putting a 'normally front-facing' master cylinder in under the floor facing backwards, so the exit ports will be reversed, as in the closest one to the back will now go to the front wheels and the closest one to the front will go to the back wheels. Good Luck.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm currently planning on using a 1967 Ford Mustang double bowl master cylinder. I believe the cylinder bowls are the same size, however, the primary port is 0.5"-20 and the secondary port is 0.562"-18. I don't think I'll need a proportioning valve since I'm retaining all four drum brakes at the moment. I am considering using a residual check valve to keep pressure in the line so as not to have a soft brake pedal.

I went to the "FAQ" link and it says to post photos I must first create an album. However, there is no "Pictures and Album" link on my User Control Panel. So, I'm not sure where to go next to create a photo album.

Last edited:
Welcome to UDS! We don't use albums, but you can upload your pics directly to your post. On the "Reply to Thread" panel there is a paper clip above - click it. That'll get you started in the right direction.

Sam_Fear Thanks, that helped. I figured out that by clicking on the "Quick Reply" it didn't give me all the options. By clicking on the "Post Reply" I was given the "Reply to Thread" screen with more options. For fun I attached a photo of my last project. If this works I'll start a thread on the 52' F1 as I work on it.

Attachments

• IMG_1683.jpg
    IMG_1683.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts

Back