Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Torchie, here's my rendition of a Cool guy. "A guy who makes things look so easy that many people will rush in to copy that cool guy, because, well, there's nothing to that."
You're going to start a trend.
Keep up the good work.

Torchie, here's my rendition of a Cool guy. "A guy who makes things look so easy that many people will rush in to copy that cool guy, because, well, there's nothing to that."
You're going to start a trend.
Keep up the good work.

heck yea, seems to be easy enough.... I think I`ll have a go @ choppin & sectioning my wife`s mazda... [P:D[ddd

Quick and dirty section on the DS rear fender.
This one got a step cut to get the rear of the cut below the curve of the rear fender.
I most likely will be looking to get better rear fenders as this one is pretty rough and I don't have PS one at all. But if I have to I will use this one.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 2-10.jpg
    2-10.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 2-11.jpg
    2-11.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 38
Nothing to it. For you.[cl[cl[cl Will you be able to find a fender locally?

Most likely not bob. But you never know what will turn up.
That one in the local yard is a "Wayfarer" and I'm not sure the rear fenders are the same plus the bottoms have been in the dirt for a long time.
I found a pair of NOS in the Detroit area but don't have the funds at this time.
But as my loving wife likes to remind me now and then. "Have we ever not been provided for." That's what faith is really about.:)
This not my best cutting job but In reality this fender is no worse then what I started with on the rear of the custom truck so it is salvageable. I just want to get what I have cut and tacked together so I can see the thing in the real....LOL
Radiator support and front fender are next on the list.
Torchie

Sectioning the front fender part one.

This one will get a step cut as well to go down under the headlight.
Full of Bondo.:eek:
These fenders are two piece(Top and bottom). As there is a trim spear that goes over the seem it appears that not much concern was given the alinement.

I will also have to section the rad core support as that what holds up the front of the fenders.
Time to weld.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 32
Fender section. Part two

A cut here.
A cut there.

Attachments

• 2-15.jpg
    2-15.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 2-14.jpg
    2-14.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 2-13.jpg
    2-13.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 2-12.jpg
    2-12.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 2-11.jpg
    2-11.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 2-10.jpg
    2-10.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 44
really enjoying watching this project come to fruition ,, this car already had some great lines, now you've squashed it more - it just seems to look even better,, really cant wait to see it on the ground !!

Torchie are you going to shave the hood or leave it stock? ..

really enjoying watching this project come to fruition ,, this car already had some great lines, now you've squashed it more - it just seems to look even better,, really cant wait to see it on the ground !!

Torchie are you going to shave the hood or leave it stock? ..

Thanks gang! The positive comments help keep the fire burning.:)
I am thinking about some mods to the hood 23. It will be shaved and possibly peaked. I am also looking at "Pancaking"it as well.
That will involve cutting of the front overhang of the hood and making the bottom edge of the hood one flat line.
Wether or not I do that will also depend on what I come up with for a grill.
Further custom treatments will be things like frenching in the head lites. And some sort of tail light treatment.
I also am tossing around the idea of a "Continental "spare ala the Barris built , Larry Ernst Bellaire.
All has yet to be revealed......[ddd
Torchie

Latest posts

Back