boxed the frame...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelseydum

Here are a couple recent of my progress. I've never touched a welder before, but my mentor insisted I do the whole job myself.

frontBoxed.jpg

firewall_cut.jpg

Not much of a channel, but I got almost 3 inches without the wood under there and once I trimmed the lip off. Still contemplating a real channel...
short_channel.jpg

looks good i just started boxing my frame yesterday and my welding looks much the same are you using mig or arc? and what method are you using to make the patch panels?:D

I know it's gas so would that be arc welding? Like I said I've never touched a welder before and my friend said I was tack wlding so good to just do the solid welds. It feels good inside to accomplish something I set out to do...Now back to work...tomorrow I'll be getting a round cross member to move forward and replace the old one. This will help drop the original (non z'd frame)... and will hopefully pick up my rear end. This site has been a huge help.

Yeay that's correct. I also know it's not tig cause' that's what he said he wished he had. Hopefully next he'll teach me to adjust the settings for different thicknesses of metal.

Latest posts

Back