Not My Build, But Really Cool Story

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

I know all of us post and lurk on other forums, me too. I even lurk on forums about trailers. Anyway, there is a neat thread I came across on the HAMB, and the story that goes with it is really a nice one. This guys lady wanted to build her own rod, and he let her, and taught her how. It was really fun reading it, and I thought it might be nice for others to see how they did it.

I hope if there are any offensive, HAMB-like words in there our filters will take them out. If not, I apologize in advance.

Also hope no one minds me posting this link, but it was just such a cool story. It also chronicles a build up from scratch, so there is a lot to learn here.

Don

www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124153

Slightly O/T!

I even lurk on forums about trailers.

Don,
Sorry... only slightly O/T but... have u seen how cheap u can pick up a reburbed Airstream these days... like $7500 - $8500.

Thanks for the build link, I'll ck it. Always love a good story & a chance to learn somethin' new!

BoB

Thanks Bob, I wasn't sure if it was ok to post another link on here, but it seemed harmless.

I think it is very cool that he not only supported her wanting to do it, but stood back and let her do the stuff on her own, and only helped when asked. Kind of a love story with RUST. :D :D :D :D

Don

No big!

Thanks Bob, I wasn't sure if it was ok to post another link on here, but it seemed harmless.

Don

Don,
I really don't care what people do (within reason), as long as they r nice & r havin' fun! I just hope that doesn't make me cry... u know how dang sensitive I am!!! :eek:

BoB

If it is any help, there was a fight scene and car chase thrown in there too. :D I think some drinking was involved too. :cool:

Now it can be a MANLY thread. :rolleyes:

Don

Ok Don... I didn't cry!

Don,
THANKS for posting that. That is totally incredible... wonder if that girl has a sister?!?!?!? Also, I loved that tip about taping u're chop off & then spraying that to keep the line. That was worth it if nothing else. Now I'd love to see her do a burn-out!!!

BoB <------ I'm smilin'!

Thanks. I obviously live in the Boston area, what is known as the South Shore, towards Cape Cod. Late 30s, married, no kids yet, work in IT to pay the bills.

I have an affinity for old things, worked for a number of years in preservation of old buildings. Just starting to save for a ride. My tech skills on cars are pretty limited so ideally I want something I can drive from day 1, and work on as I learn.

You are one of the few people who are doing it the smart way........congratulations. Everybody wants to build one from the ground up the very first time, and it is so much wiser to start out with something that is done or almost done and use it as a learning tool.

When you get one shoot us some pictures. :D

Don

Latest posts

Back