gear indicator

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thom

I have a 400TH trans in my '55 Studebaker truck. I reused the original '55 steering column, wheel, and column shift lever. I like that the truck looks original on the inside. I would like to have a gear indicator though. I know that late model GM products, even some front wheel drives, use a switch that the manual shift shaft extends through for the digital gear indicator and back-up lights. Has anyone rettofitted one to an older trans, like my 400? I would make a small panel for the dash with the letters and numbers engraved on it and put in small LEDs if I can come up with a way to control it.:confused:

Thanks. I had seen those. I plan to go to the Shades of the Past rod-run in Pigeon Forge TN in a few weeks. There will be plenty of suppliers there. I can probably find something then.

That style would be hard to use on mine as the original shift tube is on top of the actual column.

That style would be hard to use on mine as the original shift tube is on top of the actual column.

Ah. You could make an adapter to fit?

How about lettering on the dash with an indicator off of the shift tube?

It's hard for us to give good solutions without a photo of what you're working with.

Latest posts

Back