36 chevy truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monzadood

Banned
i am thinking about building this on an s10 frame. fullfendered with a small flatbed. the s10 frame will need to be narrowed a bit where the front of the cab narrows down at. i am unsure if the s10 steering box will work. it may need a mustang II front end under it. not sure yet. looks *****in doesn`t it?
100_0415.jpg

That's a REALLY cool truck Monzadood. Personally I think making it look right on an S-10 chassis would require more work than fabricating a chassis from scratch but that's just my opinion.

Beautiful!!!

Monza,
That is a *beautiful* truck!!! No matter which way u go frame wise... this will be a sweet project! Please keep us up top date on u're progress! Great score!!!

BoB

I agree!

Monzadood,
I agree! That is a very nice looking truck. Never knew Chevy made such good looking trucks back then. I look forward to following your progress on this one! Is it a 1-ton? Grill looks really good!

BeerCan

Nice looking project. I kind of like the Mustang II idea better than the S10 idea. You just need to take a lot of measurements before you start in. I like the full fender look, esp when they look as good as those.

Nice truck, but you will want to get rid of that horrible, super ugly grille shell. PM me and I'll take it away from you, and even give you some money and pay the shipping. :rolleyes::rolleyes::D After all, we members have to stick together. :)

Don

Uh, in case he doesn't bite, does anyone else have one of these or a similar '34-35 Chevy car one?

wow, thats mad! everything over there seems to age so gracefully! over here they get eaten by tin worm in no time! I envy you all!

ps: Here = Australia

- Joe

Nice truck, but you will want to get rid of that horrible, super ugly grille shell. PM me and I'll take it away from you, and even give you some money and pay the shipping. :rolleyes::rolleyes::D After all, we members have to stick together. :)

Don

Uh, in case he doesn't bite, does anyone else have one of these or a similar '34-35 Chevy car one?
you are in luck don. i happen to have 3 of these grilles. i will take some pics of them this weekend. it may be a couple weeks before i sell though. i been working mad overtime. it would be impossible to get to the post office for a few weeks. i will keep you updated though.

Before you settle on an S-10 frame, go to my website and get the measurements for the S-10 frame. See how they match up to your existing frame. You may not like what you see. The steering box is way out front. The S-10 is better suited to the fat fendered trucks like the 40's and 50's, because of the set back front axle. The axle on a '36 is just behind the radiator, where the S-10 is under the engine. Also, you'll have to change the rear springs to coil type, otherwise the leaf springs may stick out behind the bed.
If you can't make up your mind about a straight axle or IFS, Fatman makes a combination straight axle with an IFS for less than a Mustang II clip. It can also be fitted with disc brakes. For power steering, try a Toyota 4X4 power steering box. Mounting brackets for it are easy to make.
The S-10 frame may be more work than you think.

i had the body mocked up already. i cutoff almost everything in front of the a-arms. i will be using the mustang 2 manual rack to steer it. not the s10 box. it seems to be easy so far.

Latest posts

Back