a v-8 s-10 thats a little different

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustywrench

this is a project that i'm not sure how to describe. its tough to say what it is. is it a modern 5 window hot rod. is it just another v-8 s-10 i dunno, i just think it'll be cool when its done. its an extreme shortbed version of the s-10 as you can see it has coil spring 4 link rear suspension
5window5.jpg

Last edited:
the reason it has 4 link coil rear is because its sitting on a 1980 el camino chassis. this gives it a very short rear overhang and a long wheelbase. i put a 290 hp gm crate 350 in it. here i put s-10 rally wheels on it. i'm not sure which i like better, the steelies or the big and littles. what do you guys think?
5windowoutside1-copy.jpg

this pic shows that s-10's are kinda in my blood. the 2 builds i posted here are v-8 s-10 #13 and 14 ive built over the years.
s10collection-copy.jpg

Last edited:
There are parts of the look I really like, I guess it reminds me of some of the pulling trucks and mud racers I have seen through the years. But over all I see the potential of getting rid of a bunch of those s=10 bodies and puting some old iron on those frames. Your work looks really good. Keep it up.

I like it.
Like the biggs and littles too. Have you ever thought of grafting on some rear fenders from a 73-87 shevy stepside to hide all that meat in the rear?

I've never been a big fan of the s10 but that one might have possibilities. Keep us posted on your progress 'cause getting sheetmetal on the front will make that a whole different animal.

i kinda like it, think it would look better if it was a short cab, that extra window on the back just doesnt seem to fit in with the short bed, still cool i think

and i wish i were closer, i have a bunch of 4wd S10 stuff, 1 blazer that i drive daily, what i need it a 2wd frame for another project i have, either that or my project will just become 4wd

Ron

Latest posts

Back