International Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbj188

I am going ot start a build on a 50's international pickup..I have in my garage at the moment is a 235 straight six that is going to be powering it with a turbo 350 transmission that I have put away... The only things Im really lacking is a frame of some sort, axels, and necessary experience and tools..The last two I hope to accumiulate during the build. The following pictures are of my engine and cab and bed that I am thinking of using..

Thanks for all your input and future help,

Thomas

Attachments

• DSCN7977.JPG
    DSCN7977.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC05150.JPG
    DSC05150.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC05144.JPG
    DSC05144.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC05143.JPG
    DSC05143.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN7982.JPG
    DSCN7982.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCN7981.JPG
    DSCN7981.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCN7980.JPG
    DSCN7980.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN7979.JPG
    DSCN7979.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN7978.JPG
    DSCN7978.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCN7976.JPG
    DSCN7976.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 63
Looks like you got lots of donor vehicles stashed to rob parts off of, should make it go easier..keep us posted..

yea Im going to go through the cars next weekend and see what I can use...I hopefully will be updating this page at least every weekend...or as often as I get something accomplished...Ill add more pictures later.

Thomas

Welcome to the triple R! You got a perfect start there, keep us posted! [cl

ISore

I am going ot start a build on a 50's international pickup..I have in my garage at the moment is a 235 straight six that is going to be powering it with a turbo 350 transmission that I have put away... The only things Im really lacking is a frame of some sort, axels, and necessary experience and tools..The last two I hope to accumiulate during the build. The following pictures are of my engine and cab and bed that I am thinking of using..

Thanks for all your input and future help,

Thomas

Ok, that is a 55 R or a 56 S series International. You can tell by the single back window. Nice truck by the way

I was going to say the same thing. My 50 has split rear windows.
And like ratrodney said, I'm pretty partial to IH's too!
Looking forward to another binder build! :)

Sad to say I did not get anything accomplished this weekend...but on a good note we bought our first new car this weekend...I told the wife we could save alot of money if we just diverted the money for a new car into my rat rod but she didnt agree...Also on a weird note I learned this weekend at a family reunion that the international cab and bed that Im wanting to use killed my great uncle...He was working on something underneath and the truck came down on him and killed him..that was about 50 years ago...Im wandering if it has a ghost???

Thomas

That would be pretty cool...work has kinda stalled on the build...too much work to be done on house first...but hopefully in a couple of months Ill really start to dive in.

thanks for all the posts,

Thomas

nice

i love the old ints.......ad you will learn more by doing this yourself,just dont be afraid to ask questions......GOOD LUCK

Have been working on small things...last night I finished repainting my valve cover. I dont think it turned out too bad. I should have some pics to post tonight. Other than that its been pretty slow waiting on funds to get the engine checked out. Thanks for looking

Thomas

sorry took so long to get pics but here is the valve cover for the straight six...I left all the dents and dings to give it some character...

Attachments

• DSCN8040.jpg
    DSCN8040.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN8041.jpg
    DSCN8041.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN8044.jpg
    DSCN8044.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN8050.jpg
    DSCN8050.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN8052.jpg
    DSCN8052.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN8054.jpg
    DSCN8054.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN8061.jpg
    DSCN8061.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCN8064.jpg
    DSCN8064.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 28
Going to put the international on hold for a while...going to be moving in my 65 GMC s/w this next week and start working on it...need a truck right now for side business but hopefully within a year I will have my own shop with all my toys in it...If anyone interested I might start a build thread for the 65 or do I just go with the 65 build thread within this one?

Thanks,

Thomas

Going to put the international on hold for a while...going to be moving in my 65 GMC s/w this next week and start working on it...need a truck right now for side business but hopefully within a year I will have my own shop with all my toys in it...If anyone interested I might start a build thread for the 65 or do I just go with the 65 build thread within this one?

Thanks,

Thomas

Bummer to hear the international is being placed on hold, though for good reason. Plus it would be sweet to have a 65 for a work truck [cl

I saw start a new build thread for the GMC, just so we can all follow that one, and all the sideline comments don't get intermingled in this thread and confuse everyone.

Latest posts

Back