guess i will share- truckster/mail jeep

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantwell.colton

Rat Rod Philosopher
been working on this for a little while now - and figured i guess i better share -- its still got a ways to go but it is on its way i suppose.

mailrod.jpg

its actually farther along than the above photo -- i decided to lose the rusted up windshield frame altogether and go with some channel and about an 8in "windshield" been working on the floor and inside panels about an hour or two a time at night when i get the chance ... weather has been crap (and you can see my fancy garage/tree workspace) and it gets dark at about 6 -- my buddy hooked me up with some lights the other night so thats going to help ... been wanting to do this with a stubby little mail jeep for a while now -- finally got the chance ... as soon as i find smaller tires for a reasonable $ the front will come down - or if i can find some old steel 14in with a 5x4.5 that would work also... (hopefully be building a little shop within the next 6 months... maybe 12x12 idk)

Pretty wild looking project. Under a tree, is not a bad shop, this time of year in south Texas. You have more daylight than we do here too.

That thing really is pretty wild!!! I think we all need to see some more pictures!!! The little stubby idea is really cool, what kind of cab is that?

Weather around here hasn't been for crap either. Sun down at 5:30 and 30-35 degrees so I know how you feel only colder......

the frame and everything was a mailjeep ... the cab was a 5 window - obviously had to cut the wheel wells into the cab - also removed about 8 inches of the bottom of the doors more in the back and had to narrow the back of it (dont remember how much think either 6 or 8inches) - never noticed those cabs actually flare out a little bit ...

another old new guy.

nice site....looking for 28/29 cowl, in southeast (n.c.,s.c., ga. or fl.) any info or leads would be appreciated. something usable . have A frame and a couple of ford engones to choose from, any suggestions or ideas

Latest posts

Back