Jordy - Your average 37 Tudor Sedan 4x4 build - Revision II

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue

First a quick recap.
A few months ago I picked up the 37 Sedan body for $100.
Then picked up a 93 V8 4x4 Grand Cherokee for $300.
Combined the 2 on a home made frame, and had it sitting on the ground.

Rather than repost the photos, the original vision was taking place here
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34057

Now I figure since it was 4wd (and I just recently traded my Jeep in for a new tow vehicle) that I should go on up with it and make it my new offroad vehicle.

I got the new rear suspension links done and under it today, so I pushed it out of the garage for a second to get a feel for how it will look.

Now I need to get some front wheels, so I can finalize the front frame design and get the front end under it and it will at least be a roller.

I present to you the new vision.

Out1_zpsahfucuya.jpg

OutSide_zps4mnmrzje.jpg

My son approves

Approved_zpsqe0exfsy.jpg

Siblings_zpsldppxxxl.jpg

So I was able to get a little work done.

I was able to modify the front of the frame modified, and the front end put in place and mounted. Got the power steering box mounted. The drag link is currently too long, so I need to shorten that, and I am not going to make the panhard mount until I am at full weight.

Mounted my new fuel cap by the side back window, and removed the fuel injection intake and got a nice carbureted intake for the Magnum. (Had a used Edelbrock carb, and air filter on the shelf in the garage, so reused those)

I have a nice RCI fuel cell, and some tail lights coming Monday.

Now onto todays work.. I got some front wheels from my wife for Christmas, got the tires mounted and pushed it out of the garage for a good look.

I have been debating on what to do for the front end..

First I tried the 33 Buick grille..

BG1_zps332usvbo.jpg

Looked OK from the front, but looked like crap from any other angle..
I couldn't push it back because of the power steering box, and I didnt want to cut the grill around it..

BG3_zpspgszarcl.jpg

so I tried out the stock 37 fenders and cut the hell out of them

Fenders1_zpsuzm6vteu.jpg

Fenders2_zpsbcvmx6ed.jpg

Fenders3_zpsfqmcqirg.jpg

I am not quite sure on the radiator.
I might be able to fit one if I lose the mechanical fan and use a front mount electric. but I think the power steering box is going to kill me on width..
I may have to rear mount it.. I just stuck in my fuel tank and battery box, and think I have enough room to make something work back there and still keep the back seat and rear window.

Latest posts

Back