Too hot to work on my truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thom

My truck is so hot you could probably fry an egg on the fender. I have been having to wait till the evening to touch it.

Attachments

• 20180727_145122.jpg
    20180727_145122.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 35
Tell me about it... it's hotter than blue blazes here in Tejas & I can only work for about 30-45 mins in my shop at a time! Been doin' a lot of inside work for now... supposed to cool down & rain next week but I ain't countin' my chickens! Ummm... chickens are hardly layin' either! :eek:

BoB

Same thing here. I don't have much time to do anything anymore, only Saturdays, and after the grass is cut I'm usually too hot to even think about doing anything else.

SW CT checking in with the same problem. Need to mow the lawn too but way to hot and humid. Looks like a jungle out there. Jim

we have stupid hot weather here too. Not a drop of rain for over 10 weeks now, and nothing in the forecasts so far. Temps went up to 37C /98.6F which is nowhere near normal for us. Getting pretty dramatic, feeding winterstock to cows and no harvest because everything is dry. Trees are dropping leaves as if it were autumn :(

check this image... southern uk, netherlands, belgium,

https://nos.nl/video/2243473-noordwest-europa-kleurt-bruin.html

Same here, it's been floating right around the hundred degree Mark for the last week or so and now they're calling for a hundred plus on Sunday Monday and probably Tuesday. Early mornings and late nights. I thought it'd be a great idea to go drive my 50 Chevy yesterday, boy was I wrong LOL my old school swamp cooler was not doing the trick:eek:

I thought global warming was a hoax ! ;) It is hotter here than usual too. On my days off, I go to the shop later and later, letting it cool off a little. Even with 8 fans running in the shop it is still unbearable.

We have a shower in the shop, and half way through my work I will sometimes jump in and let only the cold water run. But a half hour later , I am all sweaty again.

Can not wait until Winter !

I think that I will find one of the old school under-dash a/c units to put in my Studebaker. I have never actually had one, in a vehicle, but rode in a few cars and/or trucks in the past that had them and was impressed with how well they worked. I gave the last two away that I had but I have seen lots of them at swap meets, cheap.:cool:

I think that I will find one of the old school under-dash a/c units to put in my Studebaker. I have never actually had one, in a vehicle, but rode in a few cars and/or trucks in the past that had them and was impressed with how well they worked. I gave the last two away that I had but I have seen lots of them at swap meets, cheap.:cool:

I have a swamp cooler in the window of my chevy, but my new visor deflects the wind away from it and now it doesn't move much air through it[ddd

I have dry heat here in Tucson,
and I got a portacool, i got a 16inch fan, it holds 42 gallons of water

if i run it with my garage door open about 18 inches or so, and a foot or two away from the door, it takes alittle bit of time, but it will cool my garage down 10 degs

getting my garage down to ok temps to work is a must

outside has been around 110 or so

and the garage sits around 100 inside before the cool is turned on
and working in 90 deg temp is still hot but could suck a lot more

Swamp cooler wouldn't work here due to all the humidity.

Ya'll must use a different kind of swamp cooler than down here. You see big fans directed thru a box with fabric sheets that are wet constantly. They use them alot to keep greenhouses cool and damp. Humidity doesn't matter much on them. I wish I could say I only spent a few hours in the heat lately. Tractor is down at a needed time. Right now it's in a hundred pieces in the barn. Even with a bug that's going around, I've spent several full days down there this week. Still getting some killer rains every time it does. Need to place some culverts which is waiting on the tractor...

I'm like OI, unless i'm spot welding, if you want to call that welding, i always have 3 fans blowing in my direction.

In the corner of my back yard there is an ancient black walnut tree. It completely hides my shop on Google Maps, and keeps it relatively cool on all but the worst days. I guess I am truly a shade tree mechanic. So, I can't blame the heat for my lack of motivation of late. :eek:

We're like on our 30th day of mid to high 90.
The radiator died on the truck, someone stolen the new one from my front porch and the battery in the bike died and had to order a new, i'm down to borrowing my daughter's bike and i sill won't go to the shop today:eek:
I don't think i was this way when i was 50 something[S

Latest posts

Back