rat rod trucks with sleepers

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mn73

Does anyone have any pictures of rat rod trucks with sleepers on them???

I think it would look cool I had a white semi truck with a sleeper on it I was going to rat ... but after 15 years of doing nothing with it i junked it ..

b t.jpg

Here's one I would go after if I could figure out how to get it home with not enough tires and a missing front spindle.

I hauled something of simmilar size and weight home years ago. The old farmer gave it to me. it had been next to a barn fire, the heat was so hot it had melted parts internal to the rearend and burnt out all the oil. Basically the rear end was locked up without a chance of breaking it free. The farmer picked up the rear of the truck with his loader and pushed it up onto my trailer. I got it home, that was a long drive, disassemmbled the parts i wanted from it while it was on the trailer, and hauled the rest the scapper. and made 950$. Well worth the work, just saying, it can be done.

I've had an idea for something like a sleeper unit for quite awhile now. To many projects on the go already so it's not likely to ever happen by me. But.... your welcome to use the concept. I've seen a couple of examples of water hauler or oil tanker rat's and considered making the tank the camper/sleeper. If there was a side skirted area out and down from the frame, one side could be made into the kitchen/cooking area and the opposite side used for storage. The cab end of the tank could be open into the back of the cab but partitioned off with naugahyde or canvas. While the 'back' end of the tank could swing up and be open but be locked shut from the inside. I was thinking that the side of the tank would have a name or logo, do this on a opening panel that also lifts up on compressed struts but has a slider window behind it. One on each side for a bit of flow through air on the warm evenings. Depending on how wide it was, it would be the deciding factor of it being a one or two person rig. The ideas are endless, and I would love to take a run at this but like I said...to many irons in the fire already.

You should be ashamed of yourself! To bad, that would have been kool!

I know it the drivers side was toast ,, the door even feel off ,,, that was the side that was under the tree ... if it had been out in the open that truck would have already had done something with ,, even the door post was eat up ... that was going to be my roll-back but ,, way to much damage for me ...I begged the man for that truck back in 1978 and years later ... every time no ..... well he finally let me get it and it was to far gone by that time. part of the tree even grew threw the bottom running board .

Latest posts

Back