I am soooo old...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved looking at the mountains laying on my back in dad`s wagon. projectiles for sure... but the car was always filled with smoke anyway... I wonder what`s more dangerous lol

great memories :)

Standing on the front bench seat, my parents' arms were the safety restraints...

of course, the lightning quick backhand served a different purpose when I got older. :eek:

ooh yes cool

i remember the golden days ,, me and my younger sister landing in the rear footwell or colliding with back of the front seat.... when Dad did some sudden braking... then there were bad words we learnt ...

Jim .. we did the laying the back of station wagon thing, even using the floor mat as a kind of blanky..

ahh the good ole days ...

Remember dropping the tailgate on my grandfathers 58 chevy
stepside and riding on it with feet hanging over out through the country
to their farm..( back then lucky to see 3 or 4 cars in a day on that road)
loved it!!!!!

Mom had a 46 Merc coupe in 1956 when I was 5. I was crawling over the front seat as she hit he brakes and I hit the dash breaking both front teeth out.

I am by no means an old person but I own multiple cars with no seat and I have ridden in a lot more I also remember riding in the back of my dad's truck to the Country Side while we were going from Farm to farm. I also remember writing inside of the camper that went in the back of his pickup on the way home from camping. I don't know why they have to set all these rules. We turned out just fine

My 62 Bel Air that I became the second owner of when I was 18 (15 years ago) didn't come with seat belts either, so I think just owning one doesn't make you old ;):p

First new car my family owned was a 67 Ford. We stuffed the seatbelts between the cushions, who needs those stupid things? I was 8 then,does that count? :rolleyes:
I feel older than my 60 years a lot here lately! :eek:

J

My grampa bought a new Studebaker business coupe in 51. No back seat, back of front seat went to the bummer, no windows or vents. Good for napping on long trips [cl
And i wll admit to being one of them:rolleyes:

My Dad bought a new VW beetle in 59, I remember laying in the back cubby hole under rear window, letting the hum off those 36 HP put me to sleep at 5 years old.

My dad had a 55 Ford coupe with the V8 and dual exhaust.

Coming back from the seashore we would sometimes be completely stopped in traffic, on two lane route 73, because the drawbridge connecting Philly with NJ had opened for a freighter. Siblings and I would pass out in the back seat.

Gee....do you think it could have been all the carbon monoxide?

slept on the back dash when i was small enough (and pretended to sleep at the drive in), rode in the back of dad's trucks sometimes in lawn chairs and no telling how many tail gates i rode on. i also drank water out of a water hose as well as many other things today's kids will never get to do. nothing like falling out of a tree house.

slept on the back dash when i was small enough (and pretended to sleep at the drive in), rode in the back of dad's trucks sometimes in lawn chairs and no telling how many tail gates i rode on. i also drank water out of a water hose as well as many other things today's kids will never get to do. nothing like falling out of a tree house.

Indeed! or have your first broken arm at 6.
Me thinks we are about the same age [cl

Latest posts

Back