New truck search amped up!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was like trying to talk to my 5yr old when he has done something wrong and won't give me a straight answer.

That's funny... but your situation isn't. Good luck!

I got the shaft from the insurance company.....

shaftonesheetstylef.jpg

Thanks for the well wishes guys!

I have found a replacement truck as long as the insurance company don't hurt me to bad and take to long doing it. It's another 03 cummins one ton but a dually. It's actually the truck that I wanted when I bought my current one but it has a auto trans. I figure I can drive it until the trans has issues and then I will do a swap from my current truck and convert it to the manual trans. That's providing that I can buy back my current truck at a reasonable price.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 15
If the burned truck were still at my place, I think some parts would go missing from it. If it's totaled, they won't miss 'em.

The funny thing about that is when I asked the adjuster who inspected it about all the upgrades he said to remove them and keep them. Unless they have a crazy buy back price I plan to keep it anyways so it won't really matter anyways.

Gotta vent some more...

The insurance company called me a few ago... Said they have up to a month to settle!!!! :eek: I sure hope they don't take that long!

They took a recorded statement from me as to what happened. And are sending me some papers to fill out and get notarized before returning. Also they want a copy of receipts from the upgrades that I have done to the truck. But won't accept things that where on the truck when I bought it. So maybe a little progress in my favor on the value but they may not even give me anything for them.

A investigator of some sort is suppose to come take a look at it again. It's my understanding that his inspection will be the last step before settlement.

Well another adjuster or inspector or what ever ya want to call them is suppose to look at my truck tomorrow around noon. The guy called me at 6pm on a Saturday afternoon to tell me he would be there Monday. Seamed odd to me but at least it appears to be a step closer to getting a new truck.

Wish me luck...

Those trannies can be built to withstand the torque of the Cummins.
Do it to start with and no debris will get in the cooler that has to be dealt with.
Way easier then changing over to a manual. jmho

Well just got done with the inspector a little while ago. It was a investigator hired to determin the cause of the fire and not a Allstate employee as I was led to believe.

After taking about 200 pictures and tearing into the dash for a couple hours he cleared the truck as the ignition source and said that it started in the area to the right front of the base of the shifter. But couldn't determine what the ignition source was for sure. He then actually fired up my chop saw and cut on a piece of steel to determine how far it would throw sparks. It threw them about 25-30' and the truck was about that far away. So.. Now we wait again.

Sounds like the insurance company is going to do their best not to pay the claim. You may end up having to get your own investigator because theirs is probably favorable them.

Seems to me they should pay , no matter what started the fire. If the chop saw did it,then it was a accident + that is why we have Ins. Right?

Seems to me they should pay , no matter what started the fire. If the chop saw did it,then it was a accident + that is why we have Ins. Right?

Well that's my thoughts also. But they have the final say so for right now. If they don't pay I will be hiring a attorney. Let's just hope it don't go that far!

I have had my employees start fires with the chop saw on accident before and now it looks as if I have done the same thing. The idea of it makes me want to vomit. I have always preached to my guys about paying attention to their surroundings. Guess I should of took my own advice.

I have always preached to my guys about paying attention to their surroundings. Guess I should of took my own advice.

Accidents happen bud. You don't always notice everything. My buddy was trying to catch my shop on fire the other day with a grinder blow sparks at full gas cans. It happens all the time.

I also believe that no matter what the insurance company should have to pay. You pay the bill every month for the piece of mind that if something happens it will be OK. Something happened now fix it.

Ranting again

Well this is just horse sh1t! They want to come get my truck now and take it to a dealer to have them inspect the engine now. Wtf! This is just getting ridiculous! Anything to slow it down and to screw the working man!

Expect the best. It will all come out just fine. Did they put you in a rental?

No rental, I didn't have it on my policy. I'm driving my old 12 valve for right now. It's absolutely useless in the snow and mud but gets great mileage at least.

Well this is just horse sh1t! They want to come get my truck now and take it to a dealer to have them inspect the engine now. Wtf! This is just getting ridiculous! Anything to slow it down and to screw the working man!
They probably want to see if your modifications caused the problem.

They probably want to see if your modifications caused the problem.

The fire inspector yesterday said that he determined that the truck was not the source of the fire. Even said he knew the exact location of the start of the fire. They are just trying to get out of paying the claim now. They are gonna nit pick it to death and drag it out while looking for a way out. It's ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back