New truck search amped up!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They know that engine will bring big salvage bucks 21. They want to make sure they can get part of their money back if they total it. Since you want to buy it back from them, it might be a good thin to let them inspect it, that way, you know it's good if you do get to buy it back.

I've said it before, insurance is just legalized gambling, you're gambling you might need it, they're gambling they can get a bunch of your money and not pay much, if any of it back.......

They know that engine will bring big salvage bucks 21. They want to make sure they can get part of their money back if they total it. Since you want to buy it back from them, it might be a good thin to let them inspect it, that way, you know it's good if you do get to buy it back.

I've said it before, insurance is just legalized gambling, you're gambling you might need it, they're gambling they can get a bunch of your money and not pay much, if any of it back.......

That's possible but I know it's a good engine and they aren't getting it. I'm ready to get this settled and move on.
If they drag it out much longer I won't be able to go on my spring break vacation with my family. We have plans to go out to Arizona for some sun and to see a few guys from here and then back out to Washington DC for a history lesson and to take the kids to the smithsonian museums. I thought about asking the adjuster if she wanted to explain to a 5 yr old and a 14 yr old why their vacation may get cancelled.

Sorry guys I need to vent again!

This lady at Allstate is killing me! Wants me to give the ok for a inspection and to move my truck to another location. But won't tell me what they are inspecting for or what they will be doing. At first she said the motor and dash needed to be inspected for the cause of the fire but the inspector she hired already had said where it started and that the truck wasn't the cause. Whenever I would ask her a question that she didn't like she would say that we are moving forward in our conversation and not backwards. She kept saying things that contradicted what she has told me in the past. I made her stutter a few times when I would call her out on them. I asked to speak to her supervisor and so now I'm waiting on him to call me. I'm sure he is going thru all the phone calls and emails right now to try to familiarize himself with the claim.

I have no clue how these people can sleep at night!

Insurance to me is simply a monthly fee I pay so I can legally drive my rigs
I know that they will screw me on a claim and I expect it.
Progressive taught me that lesson.
So I pay the bare minimum and expect nothing.

They have an entire army of lawyers whose reason for being is to make sure that the company has zero money going out

. He also claimed they couldn't up the value of the truck due to all the upgrades that I have done to it. Witch I find hard to believe. It has new 50 horse injectors, a edge programmer, Reece rails for hitch in the bed, aftermarket exhaust, aftermarket exhaust brake, a cold air intake with k&n filter, new fly wheel and upgraded clutch, and a flow thru tailgate but he claims that don't add to the value! [S

You put so much stuff on it that the increase in horsepower caused it to run hot, melt thru the firewall and ignite the programmer.....or....Arson, or...and don't anyone send me any hate mail....TYPICAL CHRYSLER WIRING ISSUES....God I hate mopars!!! getting serious for a second....
I am very sorry about the truck....I've have lost a vehicle before from an electrical fire and I got the shaft from the insurance company....hope this goes better for you....

An unmodified vehicle is worth more to me because it makes me think that it probably was driven conservatively.
The ram I got from irpops is a perfect example
If it was some guy that threw all sorts of performance mods at it
I could be certain it was hammered on.

They figure if they run you around long enough you will settle for a small amount just to get it over.
Lawyer trick. It doesn't cost them anything to run you around on the phone but they could and probably will save themselves a lot. My brother's wife totaled her car. The ins co called him and said
"gee Mr Brown we don't seem to have any record that you paid your last premium"
He said "no problem, i have the cancelled check" It's worth a try to them.

Billy, I have to agree with you again. I also pay the fee just so I can drive legally. I expect to be cheated if I have a claim.

Sorry 21 that I'm not more optimistic on this insurance thing. You're already a victim once [of fire] and the insurance company is bound to make you a compound victim [cheated, too].

Insurance to me is simply a monthly fee I pay so I can legally drive my rigs
I know that they will screw me on a claim and I expect it.
Progressive taught me that lesson.
So I pay the bare minimum and expect nothing.

When your in business and owe on your stuff the bare minimum can get you in trouble. I probably have more insurance then most on here. (Around 3.5 million)
If you are in a accident that is determined to be your fault and you have the bare minimum coverage it may not cover that $130k new semi that was totaled or the other party's medical. Then it has to come out of your pocket. That's not a gamble I want to take. Especially with my excavation business.

An unmodified vehicle is worth more to me because it makes me think that it probably was driven conservatively.
The ram I got from irpops is a perfect example
If it was some guy that threw all sorts of performance mods at it
I could be certain it was hammered on.

I agree to a point. Most all of my up grades are to better my trucks performance as a pull vehicle to increase fuel mileage. With the upgrades it gets about 3-4 mpg better mileage. That extra mpg is worth a lot to people like me.

Just go fire bomb it. Let it get completely destroyed in their hands then demand full retail of the truck!

No way could I do that. I still love my truck even with most of the dash gone lol. I will probably put a interior in it and drive it again.

Don't let them move it or you will surely be srewed.

Well they wouldn't tell me what was involved in the inspection till I talked to the adjusters supervisor and told him I was just gonna get a lawyer cause I was tired of messing around. I asked to talk to the adjusters supervisor after I caught in her a couple lies. He then suddenly knew exactly what the inspection was for and told me what company was doing it. I found the company's number and gave them a call. They claim they don't take anything apart and it's just a visual inspection to make sure the truck was in running order. So... I will be hauling the vehicle, and not them, to a dodge dealer on Monday. I agreed to the inspection as long as I witnessed it and they was good with that. They claim it's the last step before we close the claim and then they will try to low ball me on the truck value. That will be a whole new chapter at that point.

I do have a meeting with a attorney on Monday. Let's hope I don't need him tho.

I forgot to add, I found a 04 cummins, same exact truck just a automatic trans again. This one only has 150k on it tho. The bank said no problem with loan I just need to drive a 100 miles to go get it. But I have to deal my insurance Monday so maybe Tuesday I will be able have a new truck!

When your in business and owe on your stuff the bare minimum can get you in trouble. I probably have more insurance then most on here. (Around 3.5 million)
If you are in a accident that is determined to be your fault and you have the bare minimum coverage it may not cover that $130k new semi that was totaled or the other party's medical. Then it has to come out of your pocket. That's not a gamble I want to take. Especially with my excavation business.

I agree to a point. Most all of my up grades are to better my trucks performance as a pull vehicle to increase fuel mileage. With the upgrades it gets about 3-4 mpg better mileage. That extra mpg is worth a lot to people like me.
thats the difference
YOU installed those mods and YOU KNOW how it has been driven
and i paid cash for my truck and it has been paid for a long time

all that other crap aside
i really hope you get that replacement truck
and you get years of trouble free service out of it

Did you get the inspection taken care of today? If so, I hope they don't try to bend you over too hard on the value. Insurance claims are the pits!

Latest posts

Back