A few pics from on the road.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recognize a few pictures. My zip line, Douglas pass, the Offroad Expo. Glad you made it out for that, sorry somebody did not treat you well. Kind of a hectic time of year for me, lot to think about in a short time.

I recognize a few pictures. My zip line, Douglas pass, the Offroad Expo. Glad you made it out for that, sorry somebody did not treat you well. Kind of a hectic time of year for me, lot to think about in a short time.

Ya lots of pics from your area. I have a few more pics of the "test flight" from the zip line.

Thanks again for the hospitably.

I drove about about 800 miles yesterday and the only cool thing I saw was this old cab over. It was pulling tandem refer trailers.

Really enjoy these pics 21. Man you do a lot of driving!

It's actually been pretty slow. I leased my truck on with a rv place so legally I can only haul thru them and then business slowed down for them. Kind of frustrating.

I hauled this trailer to Huntington WV today.

Nothing exciting or really cool on this trip either. But did take a few "wtf" pics.

This guy passed me like I was sitting still but I noticed his "tie down" method right before the car slid to the right. He had one chain on the back and just the winch hooked on the front. (Not even close to being legal) I soon as I saw it I told my son that it was gonna fall off but before I got the words out of my mouth the car slid up against the rail on the passenger side of the flatbed. The guy must must of been running 85 so he disappeared quickly.

A few minutes later we saw him again. Sitting on the side of the road with the car on the top of the bed side rail. It was about 3" from the tires going over the side.

It amazes me how "professionals" don't take the time to secure a load or don't know how to.

This one appeared to strapped down good. I believe it's a Toyota Tacoma?? Not 100% sure. I couldn't help but wonder if it's on it's way to be fixed or if it's for parts.

I used to be into baseball so I had to get a pick of the Reds stadium.

This is one of the pics that don't do things justice. The stadium is huge.

Hey 21willys, I talked to a guy today who was loading travel trailers. He had a really cool setup with a channel down the middle on a 40 footer and a shoe with a trailer ball that slid in it to winch them on and then pin down with the ball secure. He could easily haul 2 at a time, never had to deadhead and was getting $1.23 per mile, per trailer.

Hey 21willys, I talked to a guy today who was loading travel trailers. He had a really cool setup with a channel down the middle on a 40 footer and a shoe with a trailer ball that slid in it to winch them on and then pin down with the ball secure. He could easily haul 2 at a time, never had to deadhead and was getting $1.23 per mile, per trailer.

Ya those set ups are nice. They are mass produced in my area. The real nice ones are aluminum. I will build one eventually.

His was aluminum with steel frame, about $22,000.
I build most of my own trailers too, next up id a 24' tilt steel deck. I just need to order the side rails, have almost everything else including the 12,000# winch with remote.

Ya mean like this?

I saw this one when I went thru orientation for the camper hauling. When I saw I thought, yep I'm gonna build one of these lol.

Delivered this thing to Colorado today.

It's amazing how well these monsters pull. Couldn't tell it was back there till a cross wind would catch me.

On the way I stumbled across a pretty cool yard.

And this scared me to death. I was busy drooling when he ran up on me.

I'll post more pics when my photo bucket stops being stupid.

Great pics. How bad are the 35/36 pick up and the 33/4 coupe ? and are they for sale? Those are my dream cars. Thanks

There is multiples of each, all is for sale. I'm going back in the morning and seeing about a Coe cab and some other stuff.

Latest posts

Back