bend angle

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

26Troadster

i don't see a area for this question so i'll ask it here. on average what is the angle of deg. on the bend of the front tube for lakes headers? i don't have the body for my roadster out yet but need to build some headers for it. i did make a set a couple years back but they ran to close to the body so they became a buddy's engine stand headers. he is now passed and no one knows what happened to them.

I don't think it makes that much difference as long as you have decent flow, just look at some of the odd angles different brands have used over the years. Just don't forget to allow room to change your spark plugs.

Toad

i have been and seen a lot of different styles. the ones i made were rat rod style all tubes were straight and the front was blocked. they were ok but not what i wanted after finished. still have plenty of straight tubing just got to get something for the front cylinders. may have to wait till i dig the body out of the garage.

I'd say the only real concern is getting them pointed in a direction that misses the body by enough to make you happy.

Thanks to you and your question, 26T, I found a new tool and applied it to the few dimensional drawings I could find...

First is from Speedway, second is Sanderson, third is Patriot exhaust... all are fairly consistent at 105°... or inversely, 75° for the bent elbow...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The variable I've seen in this short quest, is not the bent elbow, but the length of straight pipe before the bent elbow. I hope this all makes sense and helps you find the clearance you desire...

Attachments

• Lake Patriot.jpg
    Lake Patriot.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 63
  • Lake Sanderson.jpg
    Lake Sanderson.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Lake Speedway.jpg
    Lake Speedway.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 64
If you want to only do it once, wait till you can mock them up with the body as well. That's the best way to ensure you're getting the right look that you want and getting a choesive look to your car. A surefire way for something not to look right is making the headers without the body for dimensional reference.

Latest posts

Back