Stock wheelbase, shorty, "rudy" style trucks...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
66 chevy

100_3871.jpg

Stock wheel base. Now sits on air bags in the back and cut 2 coils out of the front.

52 fordman

66 chevy

Still stock wheel base, just back cut off. Now running and driving legally and sitting on bags in the back..

100_5946.jpg

100_5947.jpg

old Chevy and the new Chevy. Nice difference

The Rudy truck was/is a 35 Ford cab chopped 7 inches, and channelled 7 too IIRC It sits on 112 wheelbase. It started a lot of trends most notably what has morphed into the bobber truck. Personally I don't think you can nail the Rudy look with a cab much newer or not chopped. You definitely are not going to hit the target with a late 30s or newer unchopped cab IMO.

true wb

but l do like the look of the chopped off rearend of the bed on that 6Osomething chevy truck[dr

l'd drive the bloody wheels off of it given the chance.

Later:cool:

Yep... kinda. The tank is hinged so it opens up for storage. Only other pic I could find of it:
IMGP0707.jpg

hey thanks !!! :) ...
that appeals to me .. I've been a tanker yanker for over 30 years..

a picture of my rig.
99 pete rat rod... ha!

Attachments

• IMG_20130819_150018_057.jpg
    IMG_20130819_150018_057.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
In the very first post, the green/grey 35 is the original "Rudy" truck. When Rudy sold it the new owners wife didn't like the Mexican puntas on the door so it was repainted. Rudy now has possession of it again repainting it as original for another owner.

I'm surprised this thread took off the way it did, haven't been on in a while! Found this the other day, just right!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 41

Latest posts

Back