Sunday Two Fer

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!
This morning I went to the Withrow show. Several hundred vehicles there. Not just the typical cars but sprint cars, a funny car, tractors and outboard motors.
Once again perfect weather. The '23 Dodge coupe belongs to my good friend John. It had completely renewed suspension and running gear but looks like a barn find. I concentrated on tractors and trucks. Mainly trucks that haven't been made too fancy.

Attachments

• Withrow Titus 003.jpg
    Withrow Titus 003.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Withrow Titus 004.jpg
    Withrow Titus 004.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Withrow Titus 005.jpg
    Withrow Titus 005.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Withrow Titus 006.jpg
    Withrow Titus 006.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Withrow Titus 007.jpg
    Withrow Titus 007.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Withrow Titus 008.jpg
    Withrow Titus 008.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Withrow Titus 009.jpg
    Withrow Titus 009.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Withrow Titus 010.jpg
    Withrow Titus 010.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 39
  • Withrow Titus 011.jpg
    Withrow Titus 011.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Withrow Titus 002.jpg
    Withrow Titus 002.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 43
The show was filled to capacity. It is held at an old time dance hall and a bar about a quarter mile up the road. There are tractors with hay racks taking people back and forth between the two locations.

Attachments

• Withrow Titus 014.jpg
    Withrow Titus 014.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Withrow Titus 016.jpg
    Withrow Titus 016.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Withrow Titus 015.jpg
    Withrow Titus 015.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Withrow Titus 013.jpg
    Withrow Titus 013.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Withrow Titus 012.jpg
    Withrow Titus 012.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 39
I met "Dave". He claims he was born in central Florida sand dune country and was separated at birth from his twin (smallfoot?) and sold to a band of travelling zither players heading for the north country.

Attachments

• Withrow Titus 017.jpg
    Withrow Titus 017.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 53
On To Titus' House

Then it was on to my young (37) friend Titus' house. Titus puts on a free picnic fro at least a hundred of his closest friends. There was at least 75 cars there, most of them show worthy. I settled on snapping the more shop worn rides. The satin red coupe is a Titus project for a customer.

Attachments

• Withrow Titus 018.jpg
    Withrow Titus 018.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 49
  • Withrow Titus 019.jpg
    Withrow Titus 019.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 96
  • Withrow Titus 020.jpg
    Withrow Titus 020.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Withrow Titus 021.jpg
    Withrow Titus 021.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Withrow Titus 022.jpg
    Withrow Titus 022.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Withrow Titus 023.jpg
    Withrow Titus 023.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Withrow Titus 024.jpg
    Withrow Titus 024.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Withrow Titus 025.jpg
    Withrow Titus 025.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 53
I met "Dave". He claims he was born in central Florida sand dune country and was separated at birth from his twin (smallfoot?) and sold to a band of travelling zither players heading for the north country.

Thanks for the pix Bob! I believe "Dave" was stretching the truth again! Along with his lacking of fashion sensibilities, he was probably banned from the family!!![ddd:D

thanks

the 1952 dodge pilot house (truck) is [dr[dr[dr[dr[dr[dr , now l got'sa wipe off my chin:eek:

any ifo on it?

AND my new screen saver.

Later :cool:

There was a bunch of good stuff there. Thanks for posting the pics for us.
Is there a trend of using really thin tires going on in your part of the country???

Skull, haven't seen the Dodge before. It would look good in my garage. Looks like it could be a chassis swap.

OI, yes some street rods and many muscle cars are doing that. Titus builds only early Fords in the traditional style. Most of the cars at Titus' party were traditional.

There was literally hundreds of beautiful, finished cars and trucks. We've all seen plenty of those. That's why I concentrated on the grubby, the unusual and the unfinished.

Thanks for the pix Bob! I believe "Dave" was stretching the truth again! Along with his lacking of fashion sensibilities, he was probably banned from the family!!![ddd:D

I got the impression talking to him that he probably attended a couple hundred Grateful Dead concerts.

Wow, some really sick rides there!!!! A wide variety of stuff!! That old mack is cool as heck!!!!

Great photos. Thanks for bringing us along. I like that Pilot too Skull...low and with a cool visor. :D
Kinda fun that it's top row, center. [ddd

That engine on the stand rocks. [cl

Thanks for Sharing! I like the Travelall, KB-1, and the Pilot House. Among with all the rest of them [dr

I drove a little Oliver crawler like that last year. I was at the guys place with a group, and it was the same year as my truck so he suggested I should drive it. He didn't have to ask twice. [cl

Yes animal, There's a ton of work in the '23 Dodge and you can't see any of it. Jon did a masterful job keeping it looking just like he found it.
The Oliver crawler is cool, snopro. I dug the teeny blade beside it.

When I got to the Titus picnic I was greeted by a yellowjacket the immediately took a disliking for me. Stung me on both hands before I could make a move. The left hand swelled way up.
Went to Urgent Care and the hand is infected half way up my forearm. Had them check the foot I dropped the 30 pound steel bar on last Monday. It is infected too. Not doing too well lately.

Yes animal, There's a ton of work in the '23 Dodge and you can't see any of it. Jon did a masterful job keeping it looking just like he found it.
The Oliver crawler is cool, snopro. I dug the teeny blade beside it.

When I got to the Titus picnic I was greeted by a yellowjacket the immediately took a disliking for me. Stung me on both hands before I could make a move. The left hand swelled way up.
Went to Urgent Care and the hand is infected half way up my forearm. Had them check the foot I dropped the 30 pound steel bar on last Monday. It is infected too. Not doing too well lately.

Dang, that doesn't sound like any fun at all. Had a wasp fly up the sleeve of my jacket while riding along on my bike at about 80 per...thought I was gonna die before I could stop and get that jacket off! I hope you feel better soon, Bob.

Dang, that doesn't sound like any fun at all. Had a wasp fly up the sleeve of my jacket while riding along on my bike at about 80 per...thought I was gonna die before I could stop and get that jacket off! I hope you feel better soon, Bob.

I know your pain. I was only going about 70 but had one go my helmet:eek:

great pics .. always cool to see a variety like yours.. love to old style .. and the 23 Dodge.. very cool .. same as mine .. just more sheetmetal

Latest posts

Back