Covid induced Ferguson TE20

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wanna do my 1955 IH 300 Utility when you get through with that one Mac?:D

I want to a working resto on mine, fix my hydraulic pump, new brakes, new seat, paint it back red. It's on my , "I'll get to it eventually" list.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

There is an IH 'working resto' in my future already. It's about ten years newer than yours, a 674. She needsa' new seat, new steering wheel, emergency brake, and working gauges. All this work will be 'when I get around to it'.

Anyhow I've been pickin' away at the body work on this hood. The top is done and one side is done.

Attachments

• IMG_2495.jpg
    IMG_2495.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2496.jpg
    IMG_2496.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 11
The hood is done now and painted on the inside. It's ready to go to the sandblaster/painter with the rest of the tractor to get brightened up.

Attachments

• IMG_2497.jpg
    IMG_2497.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2498.jpg
    IMG_2498.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 9
I took the poor little tractor to the sandblaster today. In the picture there is an old sleeping bag spread over the hood and then tied down.

Attachments

• IMG_2499.jpg
    IMG_2499.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 20
My sandblaster guy phoned to say he was done with the Ferguson. He did a lovely job. Here is the load of tractor that I brought home.

Attachments

• IMG_2500.jpg
    IMG_2500.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2501.jpg
    IMG_2501.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 20
Thank you Soltz.
I unloaded all of the pieces without scarring very much paint and got it in the shop. It's starting to look like a tractor already.

Attachments

• IMG_2502.jpg
    IMG_2502.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2503.jpg
    IMG_2503.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 15
I didn't take everything from the tractor to the sandblaster guy. The nuts and bolts, the starter, toolbox, generator, engine, and headlights quickly come to mind, so I have to sandblast, prime and paint them. My piles of sand are left outside and are polluted with leaves, grass, roots, and cat poop. I needed a sand screener, so I made one over the last few days. Here it is. My cordless drill turns it, and a wheel barrow fits under it. Pretty soon I'll be able to sandblast my brains out.

Attachments

• IMG_2505.jpg
    IMG_2505.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 26
The sand screener worked nicely. A couple of days ago I had some ratty old screen door screen pieces on the drum and it didn't do a nice job. There were to many bent and kinked overlap places for the debris to sneak out though. I went to town and splurged on a small roll of 'pet' screen and it is so much nicer. As I said the screener worked nicely, so I was able to sand blast a bunch of wheel nuts and other small pieces.

Latest posts

Back