TBT... Throwback Thursday!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idylwild CA 1997 July 4th parade. The two 62 Nova's are mine. The 65 Buick Sport Wagon is my friend David's. David is the 2nd and 6th owner of the wagon. He bought it from his grand mother (original owner), I bought from him then sold it to a friend Eric, I got it back from Eric then later sold to back to David. He still owns it. The vert I've owned since 85. The Nova sedan was my second car, I bought it in high school 1981 sold it in 2001.

Attachments

• Idylwild parade 97.jpg
    Idylwild parade 97.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 66
Me at 16 (1978) putting a 300hp 327 in my '69...

1st_Vette01_zpsa15c128e.jpg

1st_Vette04_zps5d08555e.jpg

Me at 19 building a '68 Electraglide when I was a HD mechanic...

Working_zps09b418ab.jpg

That's me at 20 on my blue '69 Electraglide...

George_Gerald_zps6f20f521.jpg

My tank - Fall of '82.

Cut front coils, station wagon rear coils and the obligatory air shocks. (no rabbits) AKA... recipe for excessive "wheel hop." :eek:

Last edited:
Down on the farm. My wife's grandparents and 4 of their 6 offspring.

Very cool pic Doc!

Here's one that your earlier post made me think of.....bad pics but great memories, my best friend Louie and his '51 F-1 at the local Stardust Drive-in Restaurant in summer of 1977. We lost him in a work accident in 1982 and I still miss and think of him daily. :(

Lots of good times cruising in that PU. It had a built Merc Flathead and a three speed and ran like a scalded dog. :cool:

Another shot from my in-laws' farm. (The photo is unmarked, but "Depression" seems appropriate.)

The man is my wife's grandfather and WWI veteran. The "truck" is a cut sedan... Hudson Super Six? [S

Throwback Thursday: Me & my bud Dr Jim a few years back crusin' his boat on Lake Austin!

BoB

Attachments

• boatn.jpg
    boatn.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 44
i believe i have seen that truck or one like it on the white meat site.

Yeah, I've seen it over there and it's the same truck. My buddy was the second owner, sold it many years ago and lost track... the current owner found it and brought it back from the dead. [ddd

I think I posted a recent photo elsewhere on this forum, but here it is again...

Throwback Thursday: In the real estate business you typically need a lux 4-door ride! I switched back & forth from Caddys to Lincolns & this was one of my favs. The Continental had 4-valves per & would really boogie. When we'd go on vaca I'd fill up with premium & toss in a couple octane boosters & that sucker would eat highway! IT was a kool pimp ride & I'd always tell my friends I really wasn't a Realtor... I was a 'Real Estate Pimp'! Which was exactly true! [ddd:eek::eek:[ddd

BoB

Attachments

• linc.jpg
    linc.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 33

In 1959 a 17 year old boy bought this 1931 Model A pickup for $100. Hauled it home with a tow bar chained to the front bumper. Armed with a 1/4" drili motor and a hack saw, he started on his first hot rod project. First I put the flathead engine in it as you see here. Other changes came later...

Thus began a hot rod building passion that continues to this day.

Dr. C, I saw the Scout at the Meltdown drags last summer. It'll be there this July again.

Latest posts

Back