Would You Ride or Not?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christcrusader13

Zip-Tie Mechanic
[;)

Fasten your seat belt!

190993.jpg

My dad loved the drags & we used to go all the time... saw most of the big name "show" cars like Hemi Under Glass etc & saw Art Arfons Green Monster several times. Takes big 'uns to strap yourself on the front of a rocket motor & lite it off!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

YES

did you see how big that side mounted parachute is [S. safe as all get out:eek:
being an old B-47 wrench i'd say jet not rocket, just saying :rolleyes:

did you see how big that side mounted parachute is [S. safe as all get out:eek:
being an old B-47 wrench i'd say jet not rocket, just saying :rolleyes:
Hey Brother,
Old jet wrench here, too. C-141s mostly. B-52 in training, but that was enough of SAC for me. I was too much of a hippie. :D

At least with these, if you have a problem, you don't have to look for a place to land.

those 60's era jet dragsters were lucky if they got up to 200mph in the quarter, they were kinda slow off the line.

now the hydrogen-peroxide dragsters of the 70's, that was a whole different banana!!!!

quarters in 3.5 secs approaching 400 mph, average life of a driver in a new rocket car, 3-4 weeks.

Hey Brother,
Old jet wrench here, too. C-141s mostly. B-52 in training, but that was enough of SAC for me. I was too much of a hippie. :D

At least with these, if you have a problem, you don't have to look for a place to land.

I hear that Skip but in my case i was a surfer, schooled on B-47 then had to keep 1957 C-130's flying, the C-141 was just a dream back then.

Latest posts

Back