OK, yes or no

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soltz

The Rat Captain
Or am I just losing it [S
The hood on the sprint was junk so it's no loss.
Got the idea at the rod run last month looking at the 65 (ithink) stingray:rolleyes:

Here's what i came up with [;)[S
I kind of like the no hood thing but the grill looks lost without the hood :eek:

Maybe I'm still a little depressed about losing my truck :(

I know I will get honest opinions from this bunch, sooooo [S

Rod20Run2015-14_zpsiblszohq.jpg

Hood20Cut2003_zpsybfxl1bu.jpg

9c6d5137-0715-42b5-b38d-afe65bab5272_zps8tteqwe0.jpg

Thank you getnilmen

To put the hood back on I'd have to weld it back together so for now it is what it is.
Dr. C, i have most of a 460 FORD that would fill that hole a little better. And Bruno it would help that problem too.
Can't blend the headlight bezel with the hood, it's pot metal :mad:

Maybe I can make the back half flip up like the vet [S

[;)favorite pass time[;)

Soltz, I'm pretty opinionated. I like a hood on there on anything after about the mid thirties, but, it's because cars look dorky without a full height nose piece. Your car has a nose piece so you got off lucky. You probably cut up your hood to build a cooool hood scoop on there so I'll wait til it's done and ogle it then.

That Was a Close One

Soltz, I'm pretty opinionated. I like a hood on there on anything after about the mid thirties, but, it's because cars look dorky without a full height nose piece. Your car has a nose piece so you got off lucky. You probably cut up your hood to build a cooool hood scoop on there so I'll wait til it's done and ogle it then.

I wouldn't want to look like a dork :eek:
No hood scoop now, but you never know [S

I vote for the hood... ansd I love the idea of a reverse flip... go grab some hinges and latch from a 1990 buick lesable, they are easy to manipulate.....

I sould also like that bump to follow into what teh 427 vette hoods from that era looked like...

PS... pot meatal has ruined many of my plans... :(

Attachments

• 50463.jpg
    50463.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 67-Chevy_Corvette_427_DV-07-CC_02.jpg
    67-Chevy_Corvette_427_DV-07-CC_02.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back