Do your legs really go there???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good gosh fella's....

I was merely being funny..Ha Ha...... would I drive it....He!! yea....would I consider the diff going south....NO.....Would I be smiling the whole way?....YEP!! I've done some stupid crap (or so people thought) in my life...but would NEVER turn down a chance to put my big butt into that seat and take a ride....hasn't anyone here ever blew a clutch? Scatter Shields and blow proof bell housings were not part of my early racing days...:D

I agree with BED. I was around drag racing in the late 50's and 60's. Never saw or heard of a rear end exploding and destroying the driver's tender bits.

The story exists about the Bud, Don & John's Guzzler dragster from Chicago that had the rear axle housing break loose and spin thereby seriously injuring the driver in his nether region. I can't verify this story however.

There was lots of other ways to get hurt or die in early slingshots, however.

Most dangerous thing with those was fire coming back in your face from a blower explosion.

I wouldn't fit in it, but I wish I could. My 2nd ex's daddy used used to drive a black beauty called the Black Widow. I saw the 80s incarnation. Beautiful new rear engine slingshot. I only saw pics of him in the original front engine ride. Yup, I'd do it! In a heartbeat.

Latest posts

Back