NOCO wicked smart chargers

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gold03

He lives in an "Altered State"!
i have a couple of these. I recently One of these Genius G4 6V - 12V 4 Bank Smart Chargers.

I'm using it to maintain two large RV batteries, one motorcycle battery, and the battery from my lawn tractor. All four came into the garage and got hooked up to the G4. Hoping to have four good batteries in the spring.

The batteries from my Dodge Ram have spent most of the last two winters untended and sitting idle. They are toast. I'm going to attach one to another NOCO charger I have to see if it will recover the sulphated battery. Not sure it will the batteries were completely discharged to zero. I think it may have frozen, but not sure.

I like how the NOCO works. It is smart and self determines what voltage and chemistry the battery has and charges accordingly. You can rad the spec on the attached link.

I'm happy so far. Will do a follow up post later in the spring to see if the batteries I'm tending survive, and if the Ram battery can be recovered.

http://www.ecomelectronics.com/prodinfo.phtml?id=3461832&gclid=CPC3hOuyk8ICFZaKaQodPg4AMQ

Both of the batteries in the Dodge Ram recovered!

Initially the NOCO could not initiate a charge and gave error codes on both batteries. I connected the batteries to a large transformer style charger on "boost cycle" for a couple minutes, then attached the NOCO charger. I left them on the charger for several days. Once they showed fully charged, I reinstalled them and did a battery test on them after a week of use. Both tested well. We just went through another deep freeze and after it warmed up the Ram fired right up. Batteries are functioning normally.

I didn't expect this at all. Both batteries were completely discharged in -30 c weather. That's 30 below freezing. They are original 2003 batteries. I am happy.

I will follow up on this in the spring when I reinstall my bike and RV batteries.

It works... but I spent as much on battery chargers as I would have on new batteries. :eek:

But I now can maintain all of my batteries .

I have had four batteries on maintenance all winter. I will upgrade this thread when they are reinstalled in the near future. Bike, RV, and lawn tractor. I hope they recovered the RV batteries a little.

You are right Gold those charger are great, one of my best friend owns a battery shop in Lethbridge that sells them. I may have to look into the 4 bank.

The four bank will only charge one voltage. I can't charge six and twelve volt batteries at the same time. Took me me bit to figure that out..... :rolleyes:

Still liking these things. You might be able to charge different voltage on separate banks with the four bank. Getting it to switch to six volt is different than the single.

I am maintaining eight batteries this winter. Four six volt and four twelve volt.

I finally let the batteries in my 03 Dodge go. One of them was weak and we were going on vacation with the fifth wheel. Didn't want any issues.

[cl14 years from factory installed batteries is pretty good in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back