International KB11 rusto-restore

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatbedcowboy

Hello All,

Im Mike from south eastern Oregon, and Im just getting started on an 1948 International KB-11 truck project.

Unfortunately there isnt alot of readily available information on these trucks and it looks like the oldihc.org forum gave up the ghost.

My plans are to leave the exterior the way it is now, but put a deluxe interior in the cab. Swap the gasser Red Diamond 450 for a international DT360, 6speed with OD, and add air suspension.

Ive looked through some build threads on the Diamond Ts here, but will not be doing anything so intense.

33043343358_eef0993611_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_0331

welcome

sweet[cl

is that a washington plate on the front???

please do a build thread so we can follow along.[P[;)[;)

also, we are visual bunch 'round here, lots of pics are helpful.

Later :cool:

Hey Skull,

Yes it is. The story goes that it was an over the road truck until the 60s and then a logging company in Washington bought it and used it until the 80s sometime. It was then brought to SE Oregon to be restored, but the guy had a stroke and sold the farm; this came with it. My friend bought the farm and gave the truck to me.

Ill definitely start a build thread, maybe this fall as im still gathering info and parts.

Thanks

''My friend bought the farm and gave the truck to me''

any other old iron or cool stuff hiding out there on the farm[S

Later :cool:

Ha well not now! I also pulled home an International RDF190 which has a DT466 swapped already, but bad cab damage. I snagged a nice steel 14' flatbed to go with it. Then an international Loadstar 1600 with a dump bed (engine had hydraulic oil run through it and blown up). . After that I grabbed a John Deere 2520 tractor with a seized engine. Then a 24' 1950s semi trailer flatbed. A second Red Diamond 450 gasser engine for the KB. And about 3 pickupbed loads of truck parts. truck horns, 24.5" rims, seats, stacks, air brake stuff, tools, lumber, who knows what else.

Im sure there was more that I should have grabbed but I only had 2 weekends to grab as much as i could before he let a scrapper in there and bulldozed the place.

Decisions, decisions, what should I take and what should I leave.
I also helped clean up a couple of farms last summer. Like you, I came away with a couple of two tons, [a '36 Ford and a '56 IH] and a John Deere tractor. Lots of neat stuff went to the junk collector, though.
You are on the road to success, you will be able to make many things now.

Attachments

• IMG_1998.jpg
    IMG_1998.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1987.jpg
    IMG_1987.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back