my 29 sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbudget50

Creators of all things awesome
This is my latest build. 1929 ford model a sedan. It was pulled from a hole in the ground alittle over a year ago. Build a custom frame and air ride setup, chopped 6" channeled 4". Big block 534 ford motor from a 75 L900 dump truck. Disc brakes all the way around. Not 100% done but running and driving. Super fun to drive!

Hey man... I know your on the other site.. put some photos up of what you started with.. these guys need to see that...!

I think my favorite part is how you filled the holes in the body

Thanks corpo! Here ya go

Cowl was under some big rocks

Half way to the top

Headed home

URL=http://s855.photobucket.com/user/minterfab/media/rat%20rod/20140712_150958_zpsrfd2cbul.jpg.html]
20140712_150958_zpsrfd2cbul.jpg
[/URL]

Nice save. Most people woulda thought that on was too far gone. Did you make the trans adapter?

Nice save. Most people woulda thought that on was too far gone. Did you make the trans adapter?

Ya, i told my brother in law whan we went out there " if there is a sedan we are draggin it out" lol. Yes i built the adapter.

Great car

Turned out great. I got something similar going but I didn't have to pull mine out of a hole. I think most people would have past right by that rusty gold.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 62
Eman, while we're waiting for the real story, I'll tell you my story. I have about a quarter of a million miles behind a 534 Ford, as it was the motor in my first tandem truck, a 1969 T850 Super Duty. That motor could be an MEL Ford. It will have a lot of torque but due to very low compression it will have maybe 130 horsepower. A prime candidate for a turbocharger if ever there was one.

Sorry guys, missed the posts on here! Its a 534 ford out of a 1975 10 wheeler grain truck. It had a road ranger 10 speed behind it. We literaly pulled the motor out and put it in the frame and started it up. The spec i have found say 200 hp and 550 ft/lbs of tourqe. I took the vacuum secondary holley off of it and replaced it with a manual secondary holley. Now it pulls hard from the get go. If your in it when it hits second the rear end will try and pass the front end. Lol.
Thanks skull. It was definitely a labor of crazy lol. All my buddies thought i was nuts. It actually drive really good. I put bout 60 miles on it today. Rain and shine lol. I picked up a nice windshield frame today for 30 bucks. Need to get it cut down and get some glass in it.
Stopped and snapped these pics in one of our upstanding neighborhoods today lol

Eman, while we're waiting for the real story, I'll tell you my story. I have about a quarter of a million miles behind a 534 Ford, as it was the motor in my first tandem truck, a 1969 T850 Super Duty. That motor could be an MEL Ford. It will have a lot of torque but due to very low compression it will have maybe 130 horsepower. A prime candidate for a turbocharger if ever there was one.

They made a seamaster version of the 534. They put them in big boats. They where twin turboed! Now that would be something lol

Yes Low B, I would like a Seamaster. Sorry about guessing those motors had 130 horsepower when I knew they had about 200 hp.
I used to make my Holley vacuum secondary carbs manual by installing a small bolt and nut in the sliding slot of the back barrels linkage.
I averaged about 90 to 100 gallons of gasoline a day for five years in my 534. The local fuel dealer became my friend.

Lol, no biggy merc. I seamaster would be cool to do something with for sure. The 534 gets bout 10 mpg in the car. No different than my 337 in my 50 lol

Thanks skip, it is fun!

Latest posts

Back