Pictures of my 51 Ford With some CJ Style

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

51FordCJRat

Hello, I am a new member and just wanted to post some pictures to show off my project as it currently stands. I am open to all forms of criticism, so please feel free to comment on my build. My reason for the Jeep Grill and Spoiler is simply because I like Jeeps and daily drive a Wrangler. I plan on incorporating a jeep roll cage behind the cab to give it somewhat of a dunebuggy look.
Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_1953.jpg
    IMG_1953.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1955.jpg
    IMG_1955.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1956.jpg
    IMG_1956.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1958.jpg
    IMG_1958.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1959.jpg
    IMG_1959.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 34
Welcome to the board 51. Are you happy with the radiator so far in front?
If the frame were wacked off behind the leading edge of the tires and the radiator were to be mounted behind the cab the proportions would be great.
Engineering remote radiators is fun. :):)

Welcome to RRR! Are you an ex-Illinoisan?

I'm really liking the jeep grill and spoiler. Gotta agree with E-man, you could easily lop off a little of the front. What is the frame from? And the rad in the back is cool lookin - I've seen it done on a few rats. If that's like a S10 frame, you can't take off too much off the horns unless you go to rack and pinion, but it is a little long in the front for my taste.

Since it's a Jeep theme, maybe some old style mud and snow tires would do it. Any interest in making your own wide white? Some guys grind their own.

You asked for criticism, so you get opinions. :p If it doesn't bother you, than who cares what I think, right? ;) Drive the heck out of it and have fun!

Last edited:
Welcome to RRR from northern Alberta.
I, too, am a proportions fanatic and think the front end is long, so I agree with E-man up until he talked about the fun you're going to have building a radiator back and beyond. He kinda went side-ways there, I think. If you put your rad inside the grille shell instead of behind it you'd gain 2-3" and then put your old steel fan back on the water pump and hang the electric one on the shop wall you'd gain another 3-4". Then lop off the frame right under the grille.
You shouldn't invite criticism, cause I'm fairly opinionated.
I like the Jeep grille. Keep on tinkering.

Welcome to the board! There are a bunch of great guys here!

I agree with the rest, it's got a lot going for it but it's too long and heavy looking in the front. If you have pics of the build up to now, start a build thread and keep it going as you mod and tinker with it!

Welcome to RRR
I have to agree with the others :D
You could always suicide the front axle [;)
the rest of it looks good.
Or you could build a jeep [S

Attachments

• Build 082.jpg
    Build 082.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 10
i agree on front,,,
rear i would add bedsides,,,at grill level,,,and a bed floor is optional...
hotrods are never finished ,,,,
welcome to RRR. aka - the rat library

Latest posts

Back