Registration question.... Help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankthedog

Looking for guidance and experience on registering your rod when there is no vin plate. Ihave a title but I don't think that will do me much good with no plate. Do you register as a kit car? Is that a pain?

is it a composite vehicle ?

"A composite motor vehicle is defined by statute as "Any motor vehicle, composed or assembled from several parts of other motor vehicles, or the identification and body contours of which are so altered that the vehicle no longer bears the characteristics of any specific make of motor vehicle. Any vehicle not assembled by a manufacturer licensed as such in the State of Connecticut is classified as a composite motor vehicle."
if so go here http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=804&Q=244898&dmvPNavCtr=|#30236

make shure to keep the recept for your engine.
other wise just lok around the title should be fine frome what i read

Its not a composite as it's all one year and make however I have no vin on the body for the DMV to inspect

look threw the link it tells of the reqirements just I do not know all of your details get a inspect pass drive it down their and see it it passes

Latest posts

Back