41 International

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have got rims, I have a pair of aluminum slots that are deep dish. I think they are 8" wide. I shouldn't highjack his thread:eek: I want something kinda vintage looking bias ruck tires, or old used cheater slicks needs to tall though. Along the lines of 30":(

all great looking trucks, and welcome to the site. rab i have at least 3 sets of wide bias tires that are either nos or near new. but i cant let them go cheap. i didnt get them cheap.

I figured I'd let you all know what was going with my build,I didn't know it had been that long since I had updated anything.I really haven't got a chance to work on it much at all.Ever since I had Back surgery in 2005 I cant do as much as I use to and here lately its just got worse.But enough about me and back to the truck.A friend of mine had a 72 model hi perfomance 454 that he wanted to trade to the 460 that I had in the 41.So I pulled the 460 out and im saving the 454 for another project I've got going on.I've got the steering hooked up and the motor dropped in,starting to fab some mounts.The motor is a 78 pontiac 301,It runs good and I dont have hardly nothing in it so I'll run it for a while.I'll try and get some more pics later.

Attachments

• 100_1396 (1000 x 750).jpg
    100_1396 (1000 x 750).jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_1397 (1000 x 750).jpg
    100_1397 (1000 x 750).jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_1399 (1000 x 750).jpg
    100_1399 (1000 x 750).jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_1400 (1000 x 750).jpg
    100_1400 (1000 x 750).jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 31
Appreciate the feedback,yeah some of the 301,s came out with turbo's but this one didn't,its a 2bbl right now.Been trying to find a 4bbl intake for it to switch out.

Did you find a used Mustang II front suspension? Looks vintage.
I have an early 40's Binder I just was given to me to use as a project with my two sons. It's whole and very solid. Does have dents from an oak tree falling on it, but not too much rust. The interior, other than being dirty, looks great. Still bright red. I too want to run an IFS setup. I plan to use the front fenders but not the rear. I may or may not use the hood. If I do, it will be with the sides open.
I want to chop it but am gonna need some advice on it. I want to keep the crank out windshield. Not sure if a chop will give me problems with that. I also want to keep some headroom. I'm 6'3"
I'm gonna run an automatic so I'm not too concerned with the leg room. I also want to keep the whole back window.
Is there an easy way to do a chop on these trucks pattern wise to get it to line back up?
Also, I have thought about making the top removable. From the top of the windshield to below the back window. making a bucket of sorts. has anyone done this???

Latest posts

Back