TiredIronGRB's '39 Ford Tudor Sedan (Standard)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TiredIronGRB

Traditionalist
I've been too busy to post up anything on this build but here's what it looked like when I found it.

39_Ford_00.jpg

The body is very solid other than the floor which most of it has to go anyway, here's how it sits today.

39_Ford_24.jpg

39_Ford_28.jpg

so , what are the plans for the build ? chop , big block / small block / blower ? all your other stuff looks great , I'm sure this will too.

All new floor, body kept stock, no hood or sides, SoftRay green tinted glass, Hotrod Flatz black (probably).
Rear 5 link with a Dana 70, Willwood brakes and clutch setup, stock front axle with new springs and disc brakes, UniSteer rack.
355 SBC with aluminum heads, roller cam, forged pistons, polished 6-71 blower with two 600s, M22 (Rockcrusher) with Lakewood bell housing, Mr Gasket Vertigate shifter.

man.. you are on to the third since i have been on this forum.. im still on my first..

Im sure it will be awesome you do fantastic work, cant wait to see the progress

We just struggle to keep up with you TI! Is the Caddy already built and sold? :)

Thank guys...

Yes, I finished the Caddy and sold it before it ever left the garage (never price one if you don't want to sell it).

I did pick up a nice '56 Fleetwood that I'll be starting on soon (new powerplant, maybe bags). My trading and selling has got a little out of control lately and I hope to keep the '39 Ford and the '56 Caddy for a while...at least that's the plan.

Been doing a little cutting and fab work...

39_Ford_30.jpg

39_Ford_31.jpg

This small section in the trunk is the only part of the original floor I'm going to use.

39_Ford_33.jpg

I cheated and bought a new firewall and floorboard panels.

I broke up rocker strips out of 1/8" and kerned them like the stock ones, this should make the floor pretty solid. I'm leaving the parts of the stock floor that have the mounting holes intact until I mark the new floor through the old holes.

Very, very nice! Did you buy the floor panels? You must work full time in the garage cuz you sure get a lot of great work done quickly.

Very, very nice! Did you buy the floor panels? You must work full time in the garage cuz you sure get a lot of great work done quickly.

Yea, I bought the floor panels and the firewall I could scratch build them for what they costs. They actually fit pretty good.
I usually work from 5 p.m. till around 9 p.m. It's therapy for me...I have a sign on my garage that reads...

"A man's house is his castle but his garage is his sanctuary"

Latest posts

Back