TiredIronGRB's '39 Ford Tudor Sedan (Standard)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
39_Ford_41.jpg

It kinda reminds me of that black pro-street 40 ford that was in the magazines in the 80's or 90's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5POrrKTTYM&feature=player_embedded

Got the rear floor done and hope to start the rear section. I think I will work on mounting the brake and clutch pedals, making seat brackets next. Plan is to get all the fab work done on the body then hoist it up in the air and paint everything inside and underneath with Benjamin Moore IronClad Rust Inhibitive black. It's a really good enamel I've used for years and holds up great.

39_Ford_67.jpg

39_Ford_68.jpg

39_Ford_69.jpg

Not much room for the radiator so I think I'm going to put it in the trunk.

39_Ford_77.jpg

Got some black leather seats from a Mercury Montego and had to make some legs for the rear mounts.

39_Ford_79.jpg

Started framing up for the rear sheet metal.

39_Ford_80.jpg

Fabbed a mount for the brake and clutch pedal assembly.

39_Ford_81.jpg

Will probably make a cover from stainless to cover the top of the grill.

39_Ford_82.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys, what do you all think about the rear mounted radiator idea? I've done this on rock crawlers and the only drawback I've ran into is that the fan runs all the time (plus the extra cost of antifreeze).

there is nothing crazy about putting the radiator in the rear , I have two in my model A , one normal radiator in the front and an additional one (a/c condenser ) in the rear of the car, it was much thinner and I plumbed it to use as a radiator, dropped 20 degrees , problem solved . The plus factor is you gain additional coolant and with a blower you will need it .I think it gives a really cool look also !

Time to scoot the motor back some more?

Wouldn't having a radiator in the trunk kill your storage space?

Both good points, the engine is back so far now there's barely room for the shifter in the "X" area of the frame. I'll have quite a bit of room in the passenger area, I'm only going to run a small seat back there for the grandbaby.

I'm sure that I have heard of it being done. I think the hardest part would be getting enough airflow to the radiator. I guess some type of vents or whatever would do the trick... keep us posted on what you come up with![cl....CR

Cool idea!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH Looks greatT I had a 39 standard like yours back in 1990! I had 29x18.5 MT under it with a sbc ,tunnel ram intake AND was painted ........................PINK! Yep that was the easter egg colors of that era for hotrods! Ill find some old pics and scan them. Anyway in my current ride 29 sedan I am running a v-8 mustang radiator with my BBC motor and I couldn't keep it cool so I welded up a 4 gal. tank for extra water that is in drive shaft tunnel below shaft !The heater hoses run fom engine to tank and from that to a rear under seat heater unit with 2 fans from a school bus in the rear and it runs cool now! Sounds complicated ,but not really and it works!

Latest posts

Back