trailer fenders on rat rod?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy

Motor mouth ratchet jaw!
does anybody have pics of those type fenders on a 20's p/u?
i like the idea of having fenders i can remove easily.

i am amazed no one has done this.
oh well .
when i try it i will let you guys know how it works.

If it's what I'm thinking of, it's gonna look like a cheap squarish trailer fender. I think there are better options out there. I'd probably look at old cycle fenders first. PA41 had some spare tire covers that looked cool....

The trailer fender is a great idea. And I have a chrome spare tire cover from a van I have been saving back too.

being able to whip em off and on is the thing for me.
i am going to use this build like a regular car.
and we have rainy seasons.

these things cost 12 bucks each.
i mean what the hell?

12641_lg.jpg

;)

Last edited:
Go for it! If cheap and effective is what your looking for then why not? I've walked by those a 100 times at Tractor Supply and thought they would work great for a project myself. They have others that look similar to those on a Willys truck that I thought would look good too.

T1

What you pictured above isn't bad at all - more rounded on the edges than what I was thinking. Maybe round off the front and back. Add some turn light to 'em too, or a trim piece.

Go for it! If cheap and effective is what your looking for then why not? I've walked by those a 100 times at Tractor Supply and thought they would work great for a project myself. They have others that look similar to those on a Willys truck that I thought would look good too.

T1

yeah i was thinking about taking the dual wheel trailer fenders and hammering them down on one end to a sloap at the end

Make that 2 pair.

Attachments

• DSC02659.JPG
    DSC02659.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC02660.JPG
    DSC02660.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC02661.JPG
    DSC02661.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC02662.JPG
    DSC02662.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 48
Not a real good pic but these are what the fenders look like that we put on our A. Got em from Harbor Frieght. They are bolted to a bracket that just bolts to the back or the drum with two bolts. Easy to remove if needed.

Attachments

• DSCI0005.JPG
    DSCI0005.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCI0008.JPG
    DSCI0008.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 54
Not a real good pic but these are what the fenders look like that we put on our A. Got em from Harbor Frieght. They are bolted to a bracket that just bolts to the back or the drum with two bolts. Easy to remove if needed.

could i have a pic of exactly how those go on the drum?
thanks fellas!

finally! i don't have a project adequate enough to try this but every time id see a pool chem. trailer or so pass by, lightbulbs always went off. gotta love ingenuity!

two days ago my buddy took his roadster for a spin and came back COVERED in mud.
he hit a puddle.
that settled it.
i want fenders!!!!!;)

Yeah -- open wheels pick stuff up and sling it everywhere. My wife ran over a big pile of doggie doo in a park at a show--things got 'interesting'.

We were following my son in his T Bucket in a rainstorm once-- the 4 rooster tails were most impressive--20' up in the air. At speed he could outrun the water, but at about 15-20 mph the front water spouts came right back down on him..

Hot rods is fun..

PA41

Fenderless is nice looking, but is H E double hocky sticks in any bad weather. One of the main reasons I have run a front fender on all my bikes - I got tired having to ride off to the side in the rain and in a car it's twice as bad if not four times[ha ha]

Latest posts

Back