fuel pump rod install

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henrys47merc

neat tool to hold fuel pump rod. It made with 1/4" wide metal strip. 1/2"90 on one end then 7" with 2"90 to hold. little end under rod then pull up'.pics to see it.

Attachments

• SUNP0130.jpg
    SUNP0130.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 23
  • SUNP0131.jpg
    SUNP0131.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 21
If this is for a V8 Chevy there's a bolt hole located in the front of the engine that you put a long bolt in to hold the rod up while installing the fuel pump then, take it out and put a short bolt in to keep the oi from leaking out.

attachment.php

Attachments

• engineinstalled.jpg
    engineinstalled.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 81
OI, being a ford guy it took me weeks to find an oil leak that only come on at higher rpm's. Didn't know that bolt hole did any thing :eek:

I always wiped some grease on the rod and pushed it up to the cam. This gave me enough time to put my fuel pump in. :D

nice tool henry. if i remember right the plate between the block and the fuel pump had a slot just wide enough for me to stick my little finger in to hold up the rod to bolt it if the plate is of no problem. i bet i can't get my fat fingers in there now. at least you got it in before you installed the pump. i did it before and used to have someone around that forgot it at times. i'm not even gonna talk about that bolt not being there.

cam position

cRotate the engine so the rod is on a low spot on the fuel pump eccentric and the fuel pump will fit flush to the block, you won;t be actuating the pump,having to push it against the block trying to get the bolts started.

Latest posts

Back