Hello from Arkansas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TommyL

Hello, I'm Tommy from Arkansas, just joined the rrr forum. I'm working on my first ever full build, the body is a 1942 Chevy pickup, drug out o the woods. She's old and Rusty and will be an awesome ratrod once I'm done with it. ( Not that they're ever really done) have a S10 frame that was"modified" before I got it but not sure if I'll go that route. Guess I'll have to see what the local salvage yards have to offer chassis wise. Going small block Chevy, and probably a th350 trans not going to get extravagant at first and I want it to be a driver. Any help/advice/constructive criticism is welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_20180617_111441658.jpg
    IMG_20180617_111441658.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 24
Welcome from Northern Lower Michigan.
Start up a build thread. Post lots of pictures and ask all the questions you want.
Many great builders on here that are more then willing to help.
Torchie

Welcome to RRR! Looks like you have a lot of good metal to work with. Someone else will correct me, but I thought the s10 track width was kinda wide for a 42. But you probably won't find anything at a yard narrower.

welcome

my friend uses toyota 8O's truck frames, to this end he's putting one under his 35 international truck and the cheby' should not be wider than the 35.

Later:cool:

Last edited:
Welcome to RRR! Looks like you have a lot of good metal to work with. Someone else will correct me, but I thought the s10 track width was kinda wide for a 42. But you probably won't find anything at a yard narrower.

Frame is actually a bit wide but the axles are a bit narrow.

Welcome from Northern Lower Michigan.
Start up a build thread. Post lots of pictures and ask all the questions you want.
Many great builders on here that are more then willing to help.
Torchie

Still trying to figure this out. May be easier on a computer than a phone. When I get a chance, I'll start a build thread, I have lots of pictures.

Welcome to Undead Sleds, from northern Alberta.
In my case I used a Ranger undercarriage for a '36 Ford and it worked quite nicely. I had to put spacers behind the rear wheels to widen the stance a wee bit, but the frame was narrow enough. See, {36 Ford truck on Ranger frame} for my thread and a rather long winded story.

Nice truck to start with. Go man go.

Welcome to Undead Sleds, from northern Alberta.
In my case I used a Ranger undercarriage for a '36 Ford and it worked quite nicely. I had to put spacers behind the rear wheels to widen the stance a wee bit, but the frame was narrow enough. See, {36 Ford truck on Ranger frame} for my thread and a rather long winded story.

Nice truck to start with. Go man go.

will definitely check that out. for some reason rangers aren't as easy to come by here as s10s. but im sure theres some hiding around here somewhere. I think ive decided to just use the factory frame, clean it up and do a little modification to it to suit my wants. :cool:[cl

Latest posts

Back